Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2006, 08:33   #1
Senior Member+

Peel Court

Following the planning application in this weeks observer, we now know what could happen to the peel court land.
from the application " Erection of 17 terraced houses, 2 apartments and sub-station"
It does say that the proposed development does not accord with the provisions of the development plan in force in the area in which the application site is located.

Strange the advert also gives details of the proposed application for the "Land rear Scaitcliffe House Ormerod st Accy." and also indicates that this application does not accord with the provisions of the development plan in force in the area in which the application site is located.
Page 36 bottom left hand corner (Observer)

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2006, 21:08   #2
God Member

Re: Peel Court

I've just got a call off mthead to ask if there's any posts on accyweb about Peel Court going up in flames again tonight ....... or that's what he said he was ringing for .... I know the real reason. to tease me that Ossy is full of firemen and I can't go for a look
Old 17-02-2006, 22:10   #3
Give, give, give member

The fire happened on Monday night apparently, and was still smouldering on Tuesday morning.

I was looking forward to reading about what happened in this week's Observer, but not a word.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2006, 05:03   #4

There was a fire last night, but i don't know if its the same place (old folks home) across from the Foxhill Tavern. Apparently somebody had tried to set it alight. 2 fire engines and a police car.

Looks as though it was busy generally yesterday, I got a visit from the police yesterday evening, because during the day whilst at work, some bastard decided to have a go at my car, (snapped one of the wippers off, bent my ariel, and twisted my passenger side wing mirror round), I reported it when I got home. My car incidently was parked on the top floor of the Arndale!

The policeman that came to see me had just been chasing some youths and confiscated some alcohol, on him leaving me he was after a disqualified driver that went past us, then later on in the evening up Union Road he was seen again 'chatting' with some youths and more alcohol was confiscated. Never a dull moment eh?
Old 18-02-2006, 08:32   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
The fire happened on Monday night apparently, and was still smouldering on Tuesday morning.
I always suspected you were an arsenist.
Old 18-02-2006, 08:35   #6
Senior Member+

One way of getting the site cleared

Albert Einstein.

Old 18-02-2006, 09:17   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I still think HBC's idea was the best one. MAke it a car park for the Civic Theatre. It's a shame LLC would not sell it to HBC for what they were offering. Thanks LCC for helping us out.
Old 18-02-2006, 17:50   #8

Yes there was another fire last night.It is just a matter of time until the bulldozer's move in
Rob249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 08:29   #9

Yes there have been two fires in the property over the last seven days and both are being treated as suspicious.
firefighter753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 09:21   #10
Give, give, give member

Twiddles mustache.

We should look at who would benefit from it's destruction. Who is playing the Civic theatre in the coming months?

Wanted for questioning-
Big long haired bloke and a Welsh bird with a big hooter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24994_200_200.jpg (13.8 KB, 29 views)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 15:19   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter753
Yes there have been two fires in the property over the last seven days and both are being treated as suspicious.
Don't think it would be hard to find someone to set the fire for a few bob, look what the owner could gain if its insured, which I am sure it is.
Developer then sells land on at a profit once its cleared.

Albert Einstein.

Old 20-02-2006, 17:49   #12

What was strange about the early hours Tuesday Fire was that it was a well developed fire involving the first floor and roof, but all the ground floor windows and doors were boarded up and secure and no signs of a break in, so did the arsonist use a ladder or did he have a key mmmmmm? over to you Poroit.
firefighter753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 18:52   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter753
What was strange about the early hours Tuesday Fire was that it was a well developed fire involving the first floor and roof, but all the ground floor windows and doors were boarded up and secure and no signs of a break in, so did the arsonist use a ladder or did he have a key mmmmmm? over to you Poroit.
Hey we live in the sticks, there are some clever people out there that come very cheap

Albert Einstein.

Old 31-03-2006, 18:23   #14

Anyone know if the plan got passed for new houses,seems to have gone rather quiet.
Rob249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2006, 18:43   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob249
Anyone know if the plan got passed for new houses,seems to have gone rather quiet.
Don't really know, nothing in Observer, and as normal HBC are just a little behind with information on their website, re planning applications passed.

Albert Einstein.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..