Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2009, 11:07   #1
God Member

Rhyddings new uniform

I pass rhyddings school quite often and i must compliment them on the new uniform. It is very well designed and makes them look really smart.

Well done.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2009, 11:41   #2
God Member

Re: Rhyddings new uniform

he doesnt like it very much, but i do
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SP_A1561.jpg (51.7 KB, 35 views)
Old 17-09-2009, 12:34   #3
Senior Member+

My neice and nephew are the same, they hate it (although must be getting used to it as arnt complaining about it as much now ) I think it does look a lot smarter. The old uniform seemed very casual to me, especially in comparison to the uniform that I used to have to wear.
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 12:44   #4
God Member

what makes me laugh are the new ties, they are the clip on ones 'so the kids dont get strangled if they are in a fight' erm i never got strangled with my 'proper' tie when i used to get in fights at school, whats changed?
Old 17-09-2009, 12:55   #5
God Member

It is very smart, nice pic of Reece
Old 17-09-2009, 13:13   #6
God Member

I saw two boys and a girl walk past my flat wearing it, and I must admit I was impressed.
Their appearance is 'non threatening' - no longer an impression of 'hoodie thugs' - no longer gives rise to 'avoidance tactics' in response.
I find it difficult to describe what I mean, but hope you understand me

However - this illusion was shattered when they came into earshot and I heard them discussing the delights of sexual deviations.

Appearances are still deceptive aren't they

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 16:54   #7
Junior Member+

Thankyou for your comments on the new uniform, as a school we are really pleased with it and are impressed with how good the pupils look.

The pupils certainly did an excellent job in creating such a great looking uniform.
Rhyddings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 19:00   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyddings View Post
Thankyou for your comments on the new uniform, as a school we are really pleased with it and are impressed with how good the pupils look.

The pupils certainly did an excellent job in creating such a great looking uniform.
I agree the new uniform looks much better than the old. You had some of the scruffiest looking kids around. I do hope you enforce your uniform policy better than most of the other local schools or they will soon be back to how they were.
Old 20-09-2009, 19:25   #9
Senior Member+

Hassy High always look smart, it's strongly enforced, and they have swapped to clip on ties too, not massively happy about that as the ties were forcibly removed from the kids with no warning, surely that is actually theft as I paid for that tie?
Old 20-09-2009, 19:28   #10
God Member

Never seen anyone strangled by a tie... How many in fights will be whacked over the head with the clip-ons though?

Ridiculous.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 19:30   #11
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i never got strangled with my 'proper' tie when i used to get in fights at school, whats changed?
We noticed that; want to give it another go?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 20:03   #12
Junior Member+

"I do hope you enforce your uniform policy better than most of the other local schools or they will soon be back to how they were"

I assure you, we will be doing our upmost to make sure every student follows the uniform policy we have put in place.
Rhyddings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 20:14   #13
God Member

so why DO they have clip on tie's then? i know Reece's never looks right when he puts it on in the morning, the top button on his shirt always gets in the way of the metal bit on the clip and it looks wonky
Old 20-09-2009, 20:15   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
We noticed that; want to give it another go?
Old 20-09-2009, 20:16   #15
Senior Member+

It does look smart but I did quite like the stripy tie which I used to wear. Those were the days.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..