Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 14:12   #1
Junior Member+

Tumble dryer Fireman From Ossie

According to the telegraph today, one of the culprits of the fireman in the tumble dryer video is from Ossie (I take it you have all seen it on the news), he is called Simon Leyland. You can also watch the video on the evening telegraph website, what do you think? is it much ado about nothing or a stupid thing to do? I personnaly think it was a daft thing to do, you might argue it was a laugh and its what roughy toughy boys do, anyway whatever the outcome the prat in the video is famous all over the world, maybe when he gets sacked he can get a job with the jackass idiots.
devil in disguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2006, 14:41   #2
Member.

Re: Tumble dryer Fireman From Ossie

I hate things like this being aired in public. The emergency services and the military employ people to undertake very dangerous and highly skilled tasks, in between those duties they have periods of training and other secondary duties in which accounts for part of their watch.

The rest of the time they are at a loss as to what to do and quite often will find immature and senseless activities to keep then occupied. You must remember that these men and women are highly skill risk takers, often on our behalf. If they wish to undertake these risks so be it, I would rather have a slightly hot creased fireman rescue a member of my family than a half asleep one.

Yes it is foolish and it is stupid. But these things along with gallows humours are what keep these men alive.

What were stupid and irresponsible actions was the news network and other media who publicised this video. It is they who have put others at risk by showing the footage on national Television and stills in the press.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 14:48   #3
Resting in Peace

If you have not seen it read this and click on the next link on the page

http://www.lancashireeveningtelegrap...stunt_quiz.php
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 14:52   #4
Member.

That should encorage the kiddies this summer if they get bored. I don't believe they’ve included the video.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 10-08-2006, 15:06   #5
God Member

It bugs me more how the media jump on it more than the fireman doing this silly little stunt.

By the way, kids don't need know encouragment to do stuff like that, I've seen it done a few when I was a kid. No it wasn't me doing it ....... honest
Old 10-08-2006, 15:13   #6
I am Banned

Firemen are hot enough without needing to tumble dry themselves - even with a damn good hosing lmao!!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 15:14   #7
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
It bugs me more how the media jump on it more than the fireman doing this silly little stunt.

By the way, kids don't need know encouragment to do stuff like that, I've seen it done a few when I was a kid. No it wasn't me doing it ....... honest

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 10-08-2006, 15:15   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
...... PMSL!!!
Old 10-08-2006, 15:24   #9
Senior Member+

Call me immature but i was PMSL watching the video. I just hope no kids watch it and get any ideas.
Hope they all just get off with a slapped wrist.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 15:31   #10
I am Banned

My kids watched it with horror & i tried so damn hard to laugh very quietly lol - mmmm wonder who the mature ones are here
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 15:38   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies
I just hope no kids watch it and get any ideas.
You can just hear the kids now can't you!

Teacher: "So little Tommy what will you be when your older?"

Little Tommy: "Well Miss, when I grow up I want to be a fireman"

Teacher: "A fireman, so that you can drive one of those big red fire engines?"

Little Tommy:"No Miss, so that I can sit in one of those tumble dryers" .......

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 10-08-2006 at 15:45.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 16:30   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
You can just hear the kids now can't you!

Teacher: "So little Tommy what will you be when your older?"

Little Tommy: "Well Miss, when I grow up I want to be a fireman"

Teacher: "A fireman, so that you can drive one of those big red fire engines?"

Little Tommy:"No Miss, so that I can sit in one of those tumble dryers" .......

PMSL ....
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 18:27   #13

I have seen alot of things done for a dare etc whilst serving twenty years in the fire service, from pints of vinegar being drunk to who could eat the most weetabix, the record for that was 31 but he didn't have a poo for six days, it set like concrete, and sitting on a floor scrubber and riding it like a rodeo etc. The only thing we didn't do was video these challenges and that I am afraid is those firefighters downfall.
firefighter753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:53   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree with doug,i think its a stupid prank that came out badly,should have been dealt with in house, although new technology aint helped, the media as tinks says come out worst in this to me, what they have done is just as irrisponsible in my opinion. at the end of the day these people take hellish risks on our behalf,and boredom in that job is a real bain, bottom line is if you get caught you pay the piper!
Old 11-08-2006, 21:49   #15
God Member

I agree, the media shouldn't have stuck it on te news, Pranks like this happen all the time in reality especially in the army, theyjust don't go putting them on the news. Who sent it to them anyway? if it was the guy from the dryer then he does desserve the flack.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..