Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2009, 18:25   #1

union road

does anybody know why the police have been opposite the Bay Horse for the last two days they was there when i went to work at 7 yesterday morning and still there when i came back home mid afternoon and still there during the evening and there again today parked in the exact same place there is someone sat in the car but yesterday saw him walking down the road near the toilets with a flash light
roundossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2009, 19:55   #2

Re: union road

dont know how much truth in the rumour i heard, but i really hope it isnt true, i heard 3 asians have raped a young girl in one of the houses and she has tried to kill herself and been sectioned, it is absolutely horrendous if true. that poor girl.
broadhurst7173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 01:52   #3

oh i really hope that is not true if it the poor girl
Old 24-11-2009, 12:43   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundossy View Post
does anybody know why the police have been opposite the Bay Horse for the last two days they was there when i went to work at 7 yesterday morning and still there when i came back home mid afternoon and still there during the evening and there again today parked in the exact same place there is someone sat in the car but yesterday saw him walking down the road near the toilets with a flash light
its been there night and day since weekend possibly friday i cant quite remember ,there was a copper in the passenger seat today but teh car its self hasnt moved and to be honest teh place where its parked makes coming out of that junction even more dangerous than what it is already.

not heard the rape rumour myself but there has been a lot of trouble between pakistanis and teh local white teenagers recently with gangs setting about each other with knives and baseball bats so god knows what level things have escolated to if the rumours are true, a lot of trouble escolates around the tyre place at teh end of harvey street and on teh playing fields with pakistanis turning up in gangs in cars looking for fights

only a few weeks ago a car full of pakistanis pulled up and set about 1 lad on his own walking down harvey street and was given a good kicking which resulted in more pakistani lads turning up which turned into a big brawl because freiends of teh lad who was attacked had turned up infact i think it got a mention on here

im not been racist before anyone chirps up that i am , its fact , and it happens

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 24-11-2009 at 12:52.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 13:16   #5
God Member

edit time ran out but i hope the rumours of teh rape arnt true not only for the poor girls sake but also for the sake of local residents that will suffer because of the fall out that will follow if it true

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 24-11-2009, 17:05   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
its been there night and day since weekend possibly friday i cant quite remember ,there was a copper in the passenger seat today but teh car its self hasnt moved and to be honest teh place where its parked makes coming out of that junction even more dangerous than what it is already.
It is completely pointless it being there and is parked badly as you said. I am surprised the Police have enough cars to leave one doing nothing for so long.
Old 24-11-2009, 17:11   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It is completely pointless it being there and is parked badly as you said. I am surprised the Police have enough cars to leave one doing nothing for so long.
Perhaps they are waiting for the fourth emergency service to give them a tow but, nobody has told them their membership hasn't been renewed?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 18:14   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
How do we know it is pointless it being there? I doubt very much the police have the resources to leave a car parked up for no reason and as we are not privy to the reason it is there how can we say it is pointless???
Old 24-11-2009, 21:27   #9
God Member

Quote:

not heard the rape rumour myself but there has been a lot of trouble between pakistanis and teh local white teenagers recently with gangs setting about each other with knives and baseball bats so god knows what level things have escolated to if the rumours are true, a lot of trouble escolates around the tyre place at teh end of harvey street and on teh playing fields with pakistanis turning up in gangs in cars looking for fights

only a few weeks ago a car full of pakistanis pulled up and set about 1 lad on his own walking down harvey street and was given a good kicking which resulted in more pakistani lads turning up which turned into a big brawl because freiends of teh lad who was attacked had turned up infact i think it got a mention on here

im not been racist before anyone chirps up that i am , its fact , and it happens
From what I understand about that incident - a group of young white lads had been goading the Asian owners of the garage for weeks, they'd been hanging around outside and causing bother and then started texting him one Sunday night telling him that they were going to sort him out. The Asian called their bluff and said 'all right then, you want a fight let's have one'. From what I saw (white lads running up our road with baseball bats and iron bars), the white lads were ready for it as well. Turns out that the white lads were outnumbered and got a hiding. There's been a lot less bother around here since then.

I haven't got a huge amount of sympathy for the white lads because, from what I understand, they were also the same ones who were caught on CCTV smashing the windows of the community centre.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 04:47   #10

i know what you mean Accyman i live round that area and getting past it is bad enough let alone coming out of Harvey Street the car did move on monday from when i saw it on sunday i also saw them sitting in the passenger seat on tuesday i am sure we will hear the truth behind why they are there soon enough but i really hope it is not true about the girl
Old 25-11-2009, 08:51   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundossy View Post
i know what you mean Accyman i live round that area and getting past it is bad enough let alone coming out of Harvey Street the car did move on monday from when i saw it on sunday i also saw them sitting in the passenger seat on tuesday i am sure we will hear the truth behind why they are there soon enough but i really hope it is not true about the girl

could do with ballards outside the pub to stop people parking on the corner with big vans,loads of accidents are caused on that junction because morons with big 4x4's and vans dump them right on the corner making it very dangerous when pulling out because they obstruct the view so much

Old 25-11-2009, 09:53   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
edit time ran out but i hope the rumours of teh rape arnt true not only for the poor girls sake but also for the sake of local residents that will suffer because of the fall out that will follow if it true
It is looking like you might be right.
Old 25-11-2009, 09:57   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
How do we know it is pointless it being there?
From what I heard last night it was fairly pointless.

If you wanted to speak with someone who might not want to speak with you would you wait for days at the front door in a Police car?
Old 25-11-2009, 10:26   #14
God Member

for all we know the car could have been there to protect a victim from been forced into retracting their accusation or been intimidated

i must stick my head out teh door and ask my neighbours if they know whats going on more often lol

Last edited by accyman; 25-11-2009 at 10:29.
Old 25-11-2009, 12:25   #15
Senior Member+

Isn't this the type of situation that used to be reported in the local press?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..