Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2005, 00:00   #1

What a dump ossy is!!!

How come that their are all these derelict, empty buildings in ossy?.I was walking past the palladium 2day and could'nt believe the state it was in,.I'm surprised it hasn't been demolished, as it is clearly a dangerous building since it was on fire.Then you have the old nursing home which could'nt be in a worse place for people to see, when they visit the area smack bang right in the centre of ossy.If thats not enough you have to contend with the old firestation which leaves a lot 2 be desired.Its no wonder people don't venture further than ossy mills.
Rob249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-12-2005, 00:28   #2
land of hope and glory

Re: What a dump ossy is!!!

excuse me there are 400 gypos living in palladium,the nursing home nobody can afford to go in whats the problem?

how much council tax have the council collected off these sites?
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2005, 02:37   #3

Where abouts do you live Rob ? dont tell me they dont have any empty buildings near you. How old is the palladium ? they might not be able to just send in frank Spencer and tell him to do his best, and as staggers says theres a gypsy camp behind it, and they have been there a long time. No doubt Ossy mills will have first knock on it for more car parking space, which i cannot get to grips with about how many people go there, from all over the place, to me it`s a load of.....
Old 19-12-2005, 09:21   #4
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob249
How come that their are all these derelict, empty buildings in ossy?.I was walking past the palladium 2day and could'nt believe the state it was in,.I'm surprised it hasn't been demolished, as it is clearly a dangerous building since it was on fire.Then you have the old nursing home which could'nt be in a worse place for people to see, when they visit the area smack bang right in the centre of ossy.If thats not enough you have to contend with the old firestation which leaves a lot 2 be desired.Its no wonder people don't venture further than ossy mills.

What were you doining walking past ther Palladium? Had you been with all the other chav's and winos in the Last Orders?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2005, 12:26   #5
God Member

Palladium, Peel Court, Old Fire Station, - all privately owned. As far as I know they all have 'For Sale' signs on so suggest you contact the estate agents if you're looking to buy land.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2005, 13:04   #6
Resident Waffler

Well there you go, that would solve two problems in one.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2005, 23:31   #7
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

erm i live near the palliadium, and im no chave or bloody wino, thank you very much! and i dont drink in the last orders either!!! and im not a gypo either so phffftttt
Old 21-12-2005, 23:36   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther
erm i live near the palliadium
So do I.

Was only being rude back because he was being a t*t.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2005, 12:14   #9

Quote:
gypo
Can I just point out to the moderator that the PC brigade have classed this as a rascist comment.

Last edited by firefighter753; 22-12-2005 at 12:39.
firefighter753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2005, 15:05   #10
Beacon of light

Ossy a dump ? Compared to what ?
Like everywhere else there are places in Ossy that look a bit 'unloved and unkempt'....but what town hasn't got areas like this?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 00:05   #11

Well its 6months since i left Ossy, surly it is not deteriorated that much. I lived and grew up in Ossy and ever soince i can remmber the Palladium as been disused! Sure as a kid i complained about the lack of things to do, but as i grew i appreciated the all the surrounding areas and the moors! I miss Ossy, but as i am now living in Sydney (I will only be back for holidays) This too is a nice part of world with more oppportunities for my career. If i lived in tyhe UK, I would surly still live in Ossy. The people and the area are great. :engsmil:
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 14:58   #12
Resting in peace

Yes, it is a shame that the Palladium is derelict, but plenty of other places are. Church has been blighted by that huge slab that wotsit gifts put up - were the Council asleep at the time?

As for Ossy being a dump, the house prices in Ossy are some of the highest in the area. It is surrounded by lovely country - try standing in Union Road, opposite St Paul's School. Yes, you can see the Palladium, but it's dwarfed into insignificance by the lovely old cottages down the road and the view of Pendle behind. The war memorial at the bottom of Rhyddings Street is one of the most beautiful in England, and never fails to bring a lump to my throat.

I'm also very miffed that you can describe a place as a dump when it is inhabited by people of taste such as Garinda and myself!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:59   #13

And Those ' Gypos' as you call them were probably here before you were born. Their little estate is kept lovely. They pay rates like everyone else and the children go to school to. They have just as much right to live there as you and I have the right to live in our homes. OSSY IS NOT A DUMP I love it.
thindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 14:40   #14
Resting in peace

I agree. Ossy is definitely NOT a dump. My other half (from Worcestershire) fell so much in love with Ossy that it was his idea to get a house here. We come as often as we can, and I miss it while I'm away.

Why not contact Ossy Mills and ask them for a stand for leaflets about what else there is to see and do in Ossy? - they would more than likely co-operate. I can produce simple leaflets, if need be. Why not combine a trip to Ossy Mills with a visit to the Civic Theatre and a meal? I'm sure there would be takers for that.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 21:06   #15
Junior Member+

i think ossy is okay.i live here
gemmaslater is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..