Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Hall Of Fame (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f120/)
-   -   Valerie Robinson, nee Walsh (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f120/valerie-robinson-nee-walsh-55956.html)

Bob Dobson 07-12-2010 22:06

Valerie Robinson, nee Walsh

Val Robinson has not been mentioned on the forum since Atarah posted about her in 2004!!! That was under 'Famous Living Accringtonians'. I feel sure Val is still alive and well. I am not sure that we need to have a separate section for the living, as one day, they too will be talked of in the past ( & passed) tense.

However, I remind you that Val, now in her late-60s I guess,was an England international hockey player, with 145 games under her gymslip. She attended Accrington Girls High School. She played for England for 21 years. ( Read that again - 21 !!!!)

MargaretR 07-12-2010 22:11

Re: Valerie Robinson, nee Walsh

She was in the same form as me throughout my time at Accy high school.

jaysay 08-12-2010 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 867264)
Val Robinson has not been mentioned on the forum since Atarah posted about her in 2004!!! That was under 'Famous Living Accringtonians'. I feel sure Val is still alive and well. I am not sure that we need to have a separate section for the living, as one day, they too will be talked of in the past ( & passed) tense.

However, I remind you that Val, now in her late-60s I guess,was an England international hockey player, with 145 games under her gymslip. She attended Accrington Girls High School. She played for England for 21 years. ( Read that again - 21 !!!!)

She used to live in Foxhill Bank House Bob, that was a few years ago whether she still does I don't know

Spider61 08-12-2010 12:53

She still lives there.
Saw her lasr season walking down Bolton Rd on the way to watch The Rovers

katex 08-12-2010 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider61 (Post 867369)
She still lives there.
Saw her lasr season walking down Bolton Rd on the way to watch The Rovers

She does.

Friend told me today she is a member of Accrington Golf Club and playing blinders.

jaysay 08-12-2010 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 867417)
She does.

Friend told me today she is a member of Accrington Golf Club and playing blinders.

Not surprised kate if shes using her hockey stick:D

davidf 10-12-2010 20:45

Valerie went to Spring Hill School before going to the High School, I remember her quite well from those days.

Rowlf 31-08-2016 13:52

I am pleased to report that Val is looking really well. I had a chat with her this afternoon
when I spotted her in front of me at a checkout. Have not seen her since we were at school. Made my day.

Bob Dobson 01-09-2016 07:48

I love it when old threads get resurrected - Rowlf's posting was almost six years after davidf's.