Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Hall Of Fame (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f120/)
-   -   Davy Jones (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f120/davy-jones-7813.html)

cashman 15-02-2005 14:21

Davy Jones

this is a local guy i think (clayton-le-moors)lead singer of the monkeys.who also had a tv series in the late 60s,i used to go out with a girl who used to babysit for his sister in those days,she used to work at Brooke Bond Oxo in great harwood,there was a photo of him on his sisters fireplace (Happy Days)

Caz 15-02-2005 22:59

Re: Davy Jones

Not a local guy. He comes from Manchester.
His sister moved to Church, presumably because of her husband's job (police). Think she still lives in the area.

cashman 16-02-2005 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzer
Not a local guy. He comes from Manchester.
His sister moved to Church, presumably because of her husband's job (police). Think she still lives in the area.

ta cazzer,i was taking to someone last summer who said his sister still lives at the same address.it was the girl i was going with told me he was from clayton ive always been taken in with women.if she was trying to impress me at the time it certainly worked.

Mik Dickinson 06-03-2005 12:27

Now at that info i was amazed.I never knew that

Charlie Bentley 08-07-2005 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman
this is a local guy i think (clayton-le-moors)lead singer of the monkeys.who also had a tv series in the late 60s,i used to go out with a girl who used to babysit for his sister in those days,she used to work at Brooke Bond Oxo in great harwood,there was a photo of him on his sisters fireplace (Happy Days)

Hi,
I al;ways thought Davy Jones (Monkees) was from Longsight or Gorton in Manchester.
I think he went to my primary school in Longsight for a couple of years before going to a jockey training school.

Charlie Bentley

cashman 08-07-2005 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Bentley
Hi,
I al;ways thought Davy Jones (Monkees) was from Longsight or Gorton in Manchester.
I think he went to my primary school in Longsight for a couple of years before going to a jockey training school.

Charlie Bentley

your probably correct charlie,it was his sister helen or hazel=think she was called hazel,who my girlfriend of the time used to babysit for she probably married a local bloke,as she was living here i assumed at the time they were from here,but i bow to your first hand knowledge thanks.

WillowTheWhisp 08-07-2005 19:05

I've got a photo somewhere that I took of him once and when I find it I'll post it if you like. It was taken in Great Harwood.

chav1 20-11-2005 00:57

davey jone's mum lived somwhere on the estate across from the crown pub in accy

i think thats why people think he came from accy

gbell 23-02-2006 19:49

Davy Jones sister lives on First Avenue,Church

PILKYBUSDRIVER 23-02-2006 22:43

Cranbourne Drive

gbell 24-02-2006 18:35

Pilky bus driver,you are right,it is cranbourne drive

cashman 24-02-2006 23:20

have a little story about that which i will tell at one of the meets lol

Shurm 28-02-2006 17:53

Mrs Wilkinson is her name I used to go to school with her son Robert, Davey Jones was his Uncle he once got me a signed photo :D