Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2004, 17:45   #1

Brett Ormerod

Nothing says on here about them having to be old or dead. Why not Brett, he's a premier league player and he's from accrington. Plus some of the members probably know him, i know i do from days of old!! There's also the possibility of Mike Duxbury as well!! What do you think??
savo is back. is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-06-2004, 17:48   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Brett Ormerod

good man
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 20:13   #3
Senior Member+

Brett Omerod what a guy!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 21:25   #4
Senior Member+

Could I ask what on earth is happening to this Hall of Fame. Its getting ridiculous! Someone is taking the Mick here!!!!
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 21:56   #5
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

To me and a lot of other people playing in the Premier League (Brett Ormerod) or Division 1 (Mike Duxbury) as it was and also with an Accrington connection represents enough fame to be included in "The Hall Of Fame", they can't all make old-style marble fireplaces and ornaments to be included.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 07:43   #6

Why would someone say we were taking the mick? These two people are well known throughout the country, and they come from accrington. When Brett played in the FA cup final he mentioned the town so many times in his interview, that you couldn't doubt where he was from!! So when you say we are taking the mick, find out the facts first, and don't just dismiss it because you have no interest in what he does.
P.s. It was posted as a question as there are no perameters regarding entry into your 'hall of fame'
savo is back. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2004, 14:39   #7
Junior Member+

I went to primary school with Michael Duxbury. Fell in love with him in the school play, 'Snow White' I was the Wicked Queen, he was the Huntsman and I had to slap him. It was instant love!!! Was over the moon when I saw his name up in lights.
Old 13-06-2004, 22:08   #8
Accy Red

From what I can remember Mike Duxbury wasn't the most handsome of chaps but you where only young then, maybe you slapping him had something to do with it.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 18-07-2004, 23:55   #9

Brett actually comes from Great Harwood so you should also mention David Dunn I guess!

Perran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2004, 21:00   #10
Accy Red

Found it at last !!!

Old 20-03-2005, 22:07   #11
Senior Member+

was chaplow not born in accrington?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..