Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2005, 10:22   #61
Senior Member+

Re: coronation street girls

Did you get any signed photos?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-04-2005, 11:44   #62

got photos yes
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:53   #63
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx
Which ones Polly James? Out ' the Liver Birds?
She was the Blonde one, kestrelx.

Polly James played a character called Beryl Hennessey in the Liver Birds oppositeNerys Hughes who played Sandra Hutchinson.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 04-04-2005 at 12:39.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:55   #64

you mean bett yes
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 00:21   #65

I thought Polly James came from Mill Hill in Blackburn, great show the Liver Birds. Does anyone remember the new comers in the 60s.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 13:57   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Smile Re: coronation street girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin
I thought Polly James came from Mill Hill in Blackburn, great show the Liver Birds. Does anyone remember the new comers in the 60s.
think she did,her mum though lived on havelock st up ossy for a good while, she used to visit her when she was up this way.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:33   #67
Give, give, give member

Yup, her Mum is still living there. A lovely lady.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 13:05   #68
Resting in peace

I see Julia Foster quite often at antique fairs - she's now a dealer, having given up showbiz. Her best friend is Polly James, and Julia absolutely loves Church and Ossy - she comes up quite often to see Polly's mum.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 23:24   #69

Julia Foster, Havent heard of her since she was married to Lionel Morton, Did he come from Clayton, Sparth Rd area. Bought a couple of shirts from his Boutique in Blackburn, My dad went mad when he found out how much I payed for them said he could have bought a suit, Shirt & tie at Burtons for that. I remember her coming on stage at the King Georges Hall, Blackburn, at a New Years Eve Ball, when the Four Pennies, were headlining, they were, Lional Morton, Fritz Fryer, Alan Buck, Mick Walsh, Did they get there name from Penny St in Blackburn, Marie Reidy, I think got them the record contract, with Mercury Records, other, groups to remember, The Strangers, the Questions, The Mustangs, the Electones, The Boneshakers, The Beethovens, the dappers, the Atlantics, the Victors, no Im not makeing them up as I go,
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 23:46   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Smile Re: coronation street girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin
Julia Foster, Havent heard of her since she was married to Lionel Morton, Did he come from Clayton, Sparth Rd area. Bought a couple of shirts from his Boutique in Blackburn, My dad went mad when he found out how much I payed for them said he could have bought a suit, Shirt & tie at Burtons for that. I remember her coming on stage at the King Georges Hall, Blackburn, at a New Years Eve Ball, when the Four Pennies, were headlining, they were, Lional Morton, Fritz Fryer, Alan Buck, Mick Walsh, Did they get there name from Penny St in Blackburn, Marie Reidy, I think got them the record contract, with Mercury Records, other, groups to remember, The Strangers, the Questions, The Mustangs, the Electones, The Boneshakers, The Beethovens, the dappers, the Atlantics, the Victors, no Im not makeing them up as I go,
theres a great picture of the dappers on atarahs web site alan,take a look!
Old 13-04-2005, 09:02   #71
Senior Member+

Local groups

Hi, for you Alan - The Atlantics, The Strangers and one of the groups Tommy Franks was in. Not sure if this is The Dappers, or an earlier named band.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Theatlantics.jpg (25.5 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg TheStrangers1.jpg (32.0 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg TFranks2.jpg (31.1 KB, 76 views)
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 14:31   #72
Give, give, give member

God, you can see it's the wonderful Tommy Franks.

Glad he's ditched the satin baby doll nightie look though!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 14:36   #73
mez
God Member

oooooo my don't they look dapper the lads in the middle photo, i'd have swooned for them in my youth ( aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh memories)
Old 13-04-2005, 15:56   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Smile Re: Local groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah
Hi, for you Alan - The Atlantics, The Strangers and one of the groups Tommy Franks was in. Not sure if this is The Dappers, or an earlier named band.
don't remember the dappers dressed like that,maybe the sundowners? old age is a ******!
Old 13-04-2005, 16:11   #75
Senior Member+

coronation street girls

Thats it! Thank you! The Sundowners it is! I just could NOT remember their name.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..