Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2005, 16:19   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: coronation street girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah
Thats it! Thank you! The Sundowners it is! I just could NOT remember their name.
its a pleasure atarah just hope i'm right, memory not what it was.
Old 13-04-2005, 22:07   #77

his name was sid rawcliffe he lived in ossy before moving to accy and has been on many game shows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx
Waszn't there a geezer from Accrington on "Who wants to be a Millionaire?" last year - he won something - his name was Sid!
sootynonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2005, 00:35   #78

Thanks Atarah, Billy Drinkwater ( Billy Bean ) is the one standing next to Tommy at the back, I think the chap in the middle is called McCormicke, I was friends with his brother Chris, there grandfather was a plumber in Clayton. Dont get too carried away Mez. I dont think Billy was in the Sundowners though. It would be great if you could get Tommy on here to give us more information on the Accy legend of Tommy Franks.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 09:27   #79
Senior Member+

Janice Battersby = Vicky Entwistle

I went to junior school (Hippings Methodist , Ossy) and Rhyddings with Vicky. She was a year below me. They lived up Hawthorn Avenue whilst Vicky was at Rhyddings. We all used to hang about in the park.
Vicky was very slim and petite during her school years
She often shops in Accrington Asda when she is over this end. My mum bumps into her a lot and fame hasnt got to her head, she is still really down to earth ..
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 13:47   #80
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies
Janice Battersby = Vicky Entwistle

I went to junior school (Hippings Methodist , Ossy) and Rhyddings with Vicky. She was a year below me. They lived up Hawthorn Avenue whilst Vicky was at Rhyddings. We all used to hang about in the park.
Vicky was very slim and petite during her school years
She often shops in Accrington Asda when she is over this end. My mum bumps into her a lot and fame hasnt got to her head, she is still really down to earth ..
She lived on Yew Tree, and if you saw her wedding in OK she looked amazing, she is still slim, they make her look fat!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 15:07   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

she used to pop in the castle on disco nights occasionally never found her flash.
Old 19-11-2005, 10:04   #82

She lived at 91 Hawthorn avenue, and I also used to hang around the park with her, and boysy, holmsey, picky etc
firefighter753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2005, 10:09   #83
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter753
She lived at 91 Hawthorn avenue, and I also used to hang around the park with her, and boysy, holmsey, picky etc
Yip, and so did i !!!
Give us a clue ..who are you ???
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2005, 15:35   #84
Give, give, give member

Well she definitely lived on the corner of Hawthorn Ave, but their bungalow was on Yew Tree Drive when she used to chase me home from Church shouting she loved me.

Old 19-11-2005, 19:33   #85
Senior Member+

Sorry lads is that up Fern Gore or is it west end i know the addresses but cannot place them.
Old 19-11-2005, 21:56   #86
Give, give, give member

Yew Tree Drive leads from Hawthorn Avenue to High Street, and is just behind Rhyddings Park and a bit to the north.

She definitely lived on Yew Tree because her Mum Maureen was my Sunday School teacher, and I was her helper, and had to go to her house a lot to plan the lessons.

Old 25-11-2005, 12:35   #87

Jimmi Ive sent you a PM mate.
firefighter753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2006, 17:41   #88

Julie aka Hayley does an awful lot for Accrington, she supports Maundy grange which does alot of helping the needy. She supports the East Lancs Advocacy too which is based in accy. She does other stuff too, cant remember,so evevn tho she may not recieve an oscar anytime soon, she should be applauded and i think she does deserve a place in the hall of fame.

Dominic Brunt plays paddy the vet in emmerdale, he's from accy, ive got a brill pic of him sprawled out unconscious on the floor, surrounded by beer cans, shall use it to bribe him one day!
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:16   #89
Junior Member+

Dominic Brunt was in the same year at Moorhead High School with the already mention Julie Hesmondhalgh and Mina Anwar. I was in some classes with his brother, Patrick.

Jim Bowen was also a teacher there and also lived in my old street, Queen Elizabeth Crescent.

Now, I would hardly class myself as famous, but I have done a few quiz shows in the last 10 years, meeting such hosts as Anne Robinson, Richard Whiteley and William G Stewart.

Quiz Champion & Web Ring Master

Last edited by mikebuk; 03-08-2006 at 11:18.
mikebuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 21:08   #90
Junior Member+

You must have been in the year below me at Moorhead, Mikebuk.

I remember all of them, used to muck around with Dom as he lived round the corner from me on Burnley Road.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..