Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2008, 10:31   #91
Resting in Peace

Re: coronation street girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies View Post
Janice Battersby = Vicky Entwistle

I went to junior school (Hippings Methodist , Ossy) and Rhyddings with Vicky. She was a year below me. They lived up Hawthorn Avenue whilst Vicky was at Rhyddings. We all used to hang about in the park.
Vicky was very slim and petite during her school years
She often shops in Accrington Asda when she is over this end. My mum bumps into her a lot and fame hasnt got to her head, she is still really down to earth ..
Only just picked up on this thread, Vicky Entwistle was a big mate of my youngest daughter when they were at Rhyddings, seems they were together all the time, don't have any personal experiance of this as the kids lived with their mother and I was out of town at the time
Old 10-07-2008, 02:42   #92
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
Julie aka Hayley does an awful lot for Accrington, she supports Maundy grange which does alot of helping the needy. She supports the East Lancs Advocacy too which is based in accy. She does other stuff too, cant remember,so evevn tho she may not recieve an oscar anytime soon, she should be applauded and i think she does deserve a place in the hall of fame.

Dominic Brunt plays paddy the vet in emmerdale, he's from accy, ive got a brill pic of him sprawled out unconscious on the floor, surrounded by beer cans, shall use it to bribe him one day!
I'm glad somebody mentioned this about Julie!
She is a patron of Maundy Relief and has put quite a bit of money into it enabling Dorothy Mcgregor the founder of the charity to live in a flat above the shop so she is closer to Maundy Relief.
She pops into the shop from time to time and is really nice and down to earth.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:58   #93
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Only just picked up on this thread, Vicky Entwistle was a big mate of my youngest daughter when they were at Rhyddings, seems they were together all the time, don't have any personal experiance of this as the kids lived with their mother and I was out of town at the time
Can't resit..my younger sister was her mate at Rhyddings
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 19:31   #94

Vicky Entwistle's husband checked my other half out while with her. I want the whole world to know. Perv
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 20:04   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
Vicky Entwistle's husband checked my other half out while with her. I want the whole world to know. Perv
Out of order pal....This is an open forum and if you proved to be wrong you could be in all sorts of problems.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 20:31   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Out of order pal....This is an open forum and if you proved to be wrong you could be in all sorts of problems.
Good on you Roy i think that is out of order vicky should be told about this but dont suppose she has time to play on this site she is a friend being an ossy born and bred they think we are all simple that live here .
bondi38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 20:34   #97
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
consider it a compliment

are you trying to say you never check another woman out?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 21:31   #98

Sorry guys, didn't mean to cause offence, it was only tongue in cheek, he did check her out, but who wouldn't
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:47   #99
Common Sense Member

My wife goes on about the time she saw 'Paddy from Emmerdale' in Whiteheads in Rishton a couple of years ago. This thread explains it.
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:26   #100
Give, give, give member

I'll add this to the girl's thread, since it's fictional.

Jack Walker (character), landlord of the Rovers Return (1937 -1970).

Born Accrington 1900, died Derbyshire 1970.

'The son of an Accrington vet, John Walker, or Jack as he preferred to be called, was born in 1900. He grew up in Accrington with his brothers Jim and Arthur Walker but later found work in Weatherfield, where he had a romance with Effie Spicer.
During the Depression, Jack met high-aspiring factory worker Anne Beaumont. They fell in love and got married in 1937, buying the tenancy of the Rovers Return Inn shortly afterwards, running the pub together.'
Jack Walker - Corriepedia - Coronation Street, UK soap opera

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 14:37   #101

My mum knows hayley (personally i mean), and janice (vicky) went to my friends mums school XD <3
Old 30-06-2010, 15:09   #102

i used to go on holiday to tenby a place called Lydstep haven and vicky entwistle went with her family every year the same time we became good friends over the years and ashe still speaks when ever we see each other
Tickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 20:24   #103
Senior Member+

By the sound of it today , Stephen Lowe ** loweily ** On accyweb will be interviewing " julie Hesmondhalgh " From corrie if anybody is interested on Radio lancs tomorrow , between 9 am and 11 am
A local celeb !

Last edited by david1; 14-07-2010 at 20:26.
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 16:48   #104
Senior Member+

Vicky Entwistle (Janice Battersby) was on the Wright Stuff (Channel 5) on Wednesday morning 10 Nov 10 and she mentioned Accrington - also on Thursday on BBC play Moving on - Alfie Allen character mentioned Accrington Stanley
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 17:51   #105
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Vicky Entwistle (Janice Battersby) was on the Wright Stuff (Channel 5) on Wednesday morning 10 Nov 10 and she mentioned Accrington - also on Thursday on BBC play Moving on - Alfie Allen character mentioned Accrington Stanley
Vicky Entwistle was a mate of my youngest daughter at school, they went to Rhyddings, think Vicky lived somewhere like Cardigan Avenue Ossy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..