Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2007, 02:21   #1

davey jones

the late davey jones from the monkeys.he's from manchester but lived in accrington for a while
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-06-2007, 04:53   #2
Senior Member+

Re: davey jones

The lateWhen did he go then?
Old 10-06-2007, 10:59   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
The lateWhen did he go then?
he died about 5 years ago.i have now noticed that mr jones has already been discussed on this forum.dozy me
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:13   #4
Resting in Peace

LOL Spignific, just googled and seems he made some sort of recording last year .. wondered if it was played on a harp ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:55   #5
God Member

I watched a very recent docu on the Monkees a couple of days ago - I think he's still alive and kicking.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 13:13   #6
Give, give, give member

According to his offical website, he's still with us, and still monkeying around, and has a tour planned for the Autumn.

Official Davy Jones Website

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 14:41   #7
Resident Waffler

I think if he read this thread he'd feel inclined to quote Mark Twain.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 17:00   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I think if he read this thread he'd feel inclined to quote Mark Twain.

Rumours of my playing the grandson of Ena Sharples in Coronation Street, are greatly exaggerated?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 22:36   #9
Resident Waffler

No, unfortunately that bit was true.

It has just occurred to me perhaps you read an article somewhere spignific, where it said "Davy Jones, late of the Monkees" and misunderstood the meaning?

Old 15-06-2007, 01:03   #10
God Member

Can confirm he's still live and kicking , just watched a live interview with him on one of the news channels , seems there is a bit of controversy brewing about wether the Monkees should be inducted into the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" or not , seems a lot of folks in the music business think they should be illegible since they were an industry manufactured group like the Partridge family/Milli Vanilli et al ........

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 01:08   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Can confirm he's still live and kicking , just watched a live interview with him on one of the news channels , seems there is a bit of controversy brewing about wether the Monkees should be inducted into the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" or not , seems a lot of folks in the music business think they should be illegible since they were an industry manufactured group like the Partridge family/Milli Vanilli et al ........

you are correct steeljack, as for the controversy no-way should they be accepted into the Hall of Fame.
Old 15-06-2007, 07:42   #12
Resident Waffler

They may well have started out as a 'manufactured' creation for a TV show but they did produce some very decent stuff in their own right and they did play their own musical instruments contrary to popular opinion which is more than can be said for a lot of today's boy 'bands'

Where do you draw the line at 'creation' anyway. Is a band which gets together through adverts in the music papers by singers, drummers and guitarists any less valid than a group of lads jamming together at Uni or any more valid than a group which was formed from auditions for a role in a TV show?

Old 16-06-2007, 00:33   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i draw the line at creation at rocknroll, for induction into the rocknroll hall of fame. noway anyone can claim the monkees are/were rocknroll, personally didnt mind them as a fun/type music band, but thats as far as it goes.
Old 16-06-2007, 10:50   #14
I am Banned

Davy Jones sister Hazel used to live on the same road as us and if he visited her, there were always loadsof young lasses parading up and down the road hoping to get a glimpse of him. That was quite a time ago in their heyday!!! Even up to a few years ago, Hazel´s husband Ken Wilkinson(former copper) used to go over to the states as a roadie for him so he was still performing in shows all over America.Originally he was from Manchester area.
Aromaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2007, 12:40   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aromaanne View Post
Davy Jones sister Hazel used to live on the same road as us and if he visited her, there were always loadsof young lasses parading up and down the road hoping to get a glimpse of him. That was quite a time ago in their heyday!!! Even up to a few years ago, Hazel´s husband Ken Wilkinson(former copper) used to go over to the states as a roadie for him so he was still performing in shows all over America.Originally he was from Manchester area.
you mean same avenue,i suspect aromaanne lol, used to babysit with a girl i was going with at the time, mind Hazel was not aware.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..