Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2008, 21:02   #1
Senior Member+

Famous Accringtonian - Rigsby

Listening to the wirless a few weeks ago, I heard a discussion about the TV sitcom 'Rising Damp'
Rigsby said something detrimental about the coloured chap who rented one of his rooms and the young chap (Richard Beckinsale ?) said ,"Come on now, we're all brothers" To which Rigsby said "He's not my brother. I've got a brother and he lives in Accrington" (Audience laughter)

I haven't made this up. I cannot believe that I didn't hear anything about it when the programme was one TV first time round. I shall try to catch any repeats.

If anybody knows him - let me know and I'll make sure he gets in the next edition of 'Men of Mark'. I don't know which school he went to, but it weren't t'Grammar Schoo'.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-05-2008, 21:11   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Famous Accringtonian - Rigsby

Now you've posted that it does ring a bell.

There are lots of clips on YouTube, if you can bother to go through them all for anymore clues.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...p+&search_type=

Sadly doing a search for 'Rigsby's brother from Accrington' didn't bring anything up.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 21:12   #3

Apparently his brother was a shoplifter called Ron ( read the shoplifting bit elsewhere ) - Rupert Rigsby
Old 27-05-2008, 10:01   #4
Resting In Peace

Rigsby mentioned his 'brother in Accrington' in the first episode of Rising Damp
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 10:04   #5
God Member

So it wasn't a real brother then - and the script writer was 'sending up' our town.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 14:00   #6
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
So it wasn't a real brother then - and the script writer was 'sending up' our town.
It had a script writer???

I thought it was one of the first fly-on-the-wall documentaries.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..