Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2007, 19:03   #16

Re: Jon Anderson of the 70's group "YES"

I lived on the corner of Norfolk Street next door but one to Jon Anderson. I never knew him cos i was born a tad bit too late..but my late father used to tell him to park the Warriors van further along the street so my dad could park his car infront of our house.
Gingerninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-06-2008, 15:31   #17

Is there anything like this being planned for this years 40th anniversary of Yes?? Maybe we could invite Jon and Rick Wakeman to the FES to watch the mighty Reds . Seriously though, could we not have a building etc named after him like other towns do with their famous sons???
Old 06-06-2008, 16:20   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Is there anything like this being planned for this years 40th anniversary of Yes?? Maybe we could invite Jon and Rick Wakeman to the FES to watch the mighty Reds . Seriously though, could we not have a building etc named after him like other towns do with their famous sons???
good idea alvin, slong as they dont play any " YES" music.
Old 06-06-2008, 17:02   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
i was in the same class as one of the warriors wont't give his name but he went to st., marys school ossy in same class as me, ooo a claim to fame
I think the same chap was my mate all through school mez, an he still lives in Ossy
Old 06-06-2008, 17:09   #20
Resident Waffler

Oooh which one was he? Can you send me a PM? I used to love the Warriors and one of them in particular but he didn't live in Ossy. He lived near the school I went to and he won me a coconut once.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 17:09   #21
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerninja View Post
I lived on the corner of Norfolk Street next door but one to Jon Anderson. I never knew him cos i was born a tad bit too late..but my late father used to tell him to park the Warriors van further along the street so my dad could park his car infront of our house.

Was it that big yellow thing?

Old 06-06-2008, 17:10   #22
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Or how about a statue like the one of Eric in Morecambe? We could do with the odd statue in Accy.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:33   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Or how about a statue like the one of Eric in Morecambe? We could do with the odd statue in Accy.
if its owt to do with our council,it will be odd.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:25   #24
God Member

Websearch reveals that he is very ill (breathing problems) and had to cancel a tour planned for this year. No website indicates where he is living now - maybe it is best that this info is witheld in the interests of his recovery.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:04   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Websearch reveals that he is very ill (breathing problems) and had to cancel a tour planned for this year. No website indicates where he is living now - maybe it is best that this info is witheld in the interests of his recovery.
shame aint seen him , or bro, n sis, fer approx 40 yrs, hope he recovers n is out n about soon.
Old 08-06-2008, 16:36   #26
Resident Waffler

He was called John when I knew him. He does suffer from asthma - is that what the problem is now? I tried to click onto a link but the site was unavailable.

Old 08-06-2008, 17:23   #27
God Member

Yes Willow - asthma
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ef=mpstoryview

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 18:41   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Thats very serious, and I'm talking from experiance, he will be lucky if he is ever well enough to perform again, but I hope he is
Old 08-06-2008, 18:54   #29
Senior Member+

I am in touch with his older brother, Tony. He is an evangelical pastor now. I shall send him everyone's best wishes to pass on to John. Another brother, stuart, still lives in Acc
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 22:11   #30
Resident Waffler

Oh thanks Bob that really is ever so nice of you. My Mum used to work with Tony when he still lived here in Accrington. That was a long time ago.

It does sound very nasty from that link Margaret.

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 08-06-2008 at 22:16.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..