Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-12-2012, 08:14   #91

Re: Noted living Accringtonians.

Richard Chaplow (PNE Footballer)
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2014, 15:48   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
would that be the guy who was brought up bottom end burnley rd accy? his dad had n engravers shop? always wondered what became of him.
The family lived a few doors from my grandparents on Lime Road. He built a scale model of the London Palladium in the spare room - it was amazing and featured in at least one article in the Observer.

His father, Reg, was a partner in the engraving business, sadly he died of a heart attack. The last I heard of them was that Graham was living in Australia with his wife and kid(s?). As far as I know his mother is living in sheltered accommodation in Accrington.

If you Google him you'll find his website.
Old 20-12-2014, 17:12   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbarton View Post
The family lived a few doors from my grandparents on Lime Road. He built a scale model of the London Palladium in the spare room - it was amazing and featured in at least one article in the Observer.

His father, Reg, was a partner in the engraving business, sadly he died of a heart attack. The last I heard of them was that Graham was living in Australia with his wife and kid(s?). As far as I know his mother is living in sheltered accommodation in Accrington.

If you Google him you'll find his website.
The quoted posting refers to a 2010 one about Graham Walne, stage lighting expert. I can confirm that Graham , an Accrington Grammar School lad, does live in Australia. The shop his dad started in Burnley Rd opposite the Boar's Head is still going, run by Frank Fielding, who was Mr Walne's apprentice c 1960
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 16:57   #94
Junior Member+

Re: Obituaries of noted Accringtonians.

This is my son
Jenny Hacking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 17:43   #95
Senior Member+

You may not know, Jenny that the shop isn't opposite the Boar's Head any more, as the pub's shut. Please pass ther best wishes of the Accrington Grammar School Old Boys onto Graham, who is fondly remembered by his classmates.....By chance, I have today received a private message through Accyweb from a Jim Hacking.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..