Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2011, 14:15   #1

Procter, Dill Hall Lane

The father was Richard who married Sarah Walsh in the late 1800s. They had four boys and a girl. Richard was a career soldier and served in India.

John William (Jack) married Florence Whip, their son, Ross, lives in Lancaster. and is retired. He was a caterer and had the pleasure of meeting and serving Princess Diana in the 1980s.

Albert who's son, Keith, lives in Church. Also a daughter, Eileen, who, I believe lives near Liverpool. We lost touch with her decades ago. Albert's wife was "Flo". Last name unknown.

Lawrence (Lol) who married Mary Buckley and emigrated to Brazil before WW2. Then to Canada during the war and finally to the U.S. where they lived near NYC (Newburgh) and finally near Reading, Pennsylvania. They had two daughters, Jean and Enid. Jean lives in Virginia and Enid lives in the old family homestead in Host, PA. Lawrence held the patent on the process of dyeing rayon. He worked at Steiners for many years before emigrating.

Elizabeth (Betty) who married John (Jack) Edwards. They adopted a child, Jim, when he was three years old, and they all emigrated to Canada and then to the U.S. in the 1950s. They lived in Wayne, New Jersey. Jim lives near Amsterdam, NY.

Richard, the youngest and my father, married Irene Bolton, had two children, Glynnis and David (me). Emigrated to to Pennsylvania in the mid-1950s just before his sister Betty. Lived near Reading, PA and his older brother Lawrence. My sister lives with my mother near Allentown, PA, and I live in Baja, Mexico.

In case you're wondering, we all belong in the Accrington Hall of Fame!
Steerforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..