Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2011, 21:12   #16

Re: Professor John Wallwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
It's high time I was trying AGAIN to make contact with him, now knowing that his mother, who might still be alive, was a teacher at AGS
I seem to think Mrs Wallwork died some years ago. She was my favourite teacher at Accrington Grammar School. I have not forgotten how she taught me the correct usage of it's and its and that alright is not all right. Eric: I think she would have been AFTER your time. I was at AGS from 1965 until 1971.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-12-2011, 09:56   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
I seem to think Mrs Wallwork died some years ago. She was my favourite teacher at Accrington Grammar School. I have not forgotten how she taught me the correct usage of it's and its and that alright is not all right. Eric: I think she would have been AFTER your time. I was at AGS from 1965 until 1971.
Ya your right Michael both John's parents died quite some time ago, they would have been in their nineties if they'd still been alive
Old 17-12-2011, 20:58   #18

He was on "Midweek" if you want to catch it on i player.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2011, 09:24   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall View Post
He was on "Midweek" if you want to catch it on i player.
Cheers LiC
Old 30-12-2011, 13:17   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Barnard was the first to carry out a heart transplant, but Prof Wallwork took the procedure to new heights Tealeaf. I steam to remember one of his success stories was, the former Landlord of the White Bull in New Lane Ossy, I can only remember he was called John, but he had very serious heart problems in the early 80s and received a new heart at Papworth, which gave him and extra 10 years of life, just 1 of 3000 operations carried out by Professor Wallwork in a distinguished career
I think that would be John Jackson who had the White Bull. I worked with him at Cockers (and bought one of my first cars from him) before we both left for pastures new.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 17:52   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave telford View Post
I think that would be John Jackson who had the White Bull. I worked with him at Cockers (and bought one of my first cars from him) before we both left for pastures new.
Ya thanks Dave, that's the chap, I actually know his daughter who still lives in Ossy, she married to a mate of mine or she lives with him has done for over 30 years, can remember the night John had his transplant I was with Alan at a pool presentation and he had to go home immediately

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..