Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2009, 12:50   #16

Re: Richard Ainsworth

Hi All

I got offered a copy of the Parkinsons book a month or 2 ago for £800, I have fortunately got a photocopy of the whole book. I would of bought it if it was cheaper. I will inherit one though in the distant future. I also have a copy of the booklet, they have an original in Rawtenstall library. Dont you just love the mystery and excitement of finding all these people!! i do.

Thanks
Rachel
rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-06-2009, 13:02   #17
Senior Member+

£800! That is absolutely disgraceful that someone wants to try and charge that sort of money! Whoever it was is very "naughty!"
Lucky you though having a photocopy - who on earth had the patience to photocopy a WHOLE book?? As I said, one of my Pilkingtons married a Parkinson, so if you ever find you might be connected ........

Atarah
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 13:38   #18

My copy of the LINGARDS OF HUNCOAT by Richard Ainsworth arrived on Saturday.Thank you to Bob Dobson.I have checked and double checked the facts laid out in the book aggainst my own Family Tree and up to now I have found no mistakes.
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2010, 01:33   #19

Hi,
I am researching wifes family tree and my search has led me here ! The Parkinsons,Reverand Samual Parkinson, the Featherstonhofs and Woods feature prominantly. I am told by family that a text written by a relative would help my research.
I would appreciate any assistance in tracking down a copy of "The Parkinsons of Lancashire" written by Richard Ainsworth.
Can anyone help ?
nicholasmassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2010, 10:03   #20
Senior Member+

I will PM you. I deal in secondhand books.Whilst have some Accrington books in stock, I haven't got this one on the Parkies, but am always looking out for them.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2010, 13:36   #21
Senior Member+

Hello nicholasmassey, I dabble a bit in local history and I have read somehere about the Featherstone Castle you mention. There is one near Hexham, Northumberland, cos I have been to it. Will try and find my notes.
Old 18-02-2011, 13:06   #22

I know this thread is a bit old, but I thought this might be of interest to some of you.

3 of Richard Ainsworths books are listed on eBay here
They seem to be originals and are going for a lot less than previously mentioned on this thread.

I probably would have been interested in buying and looking at them myself, but £225 is well beyond my 'reading fund'.
Pudwoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 13:18   #23
Senior Member+

That is utterly GREEDY, charging £225, no other word for it. Dont think our Retlaw would even THINK of buying one of Mr Ainsworths books, but I do love reading them. I believe he couldnt have made those wonderful stories up, someone MUST have passed family tales down through the generations.
Old 19-02-2011, 13:23   #24

Does seem very steep - if no-one buys them they'll probably come down in price. Would have to drop significantly to perk my interest though.
Pudwoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 20:48   #25
Senior Member+

I have at least one for sale - PM me.I haven't got The Parkiinsons
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 15:39   #26

Hi everyone
I am currently trying to trace my Family History and have traced my family back to Lancaster, Pilling and Goosnargh area of Lancashire. I have been adviced to try
and get a copy of, History of "Parkinson Family of Lancashire"
Their genealogy, traditions, folk-lore and associations, as this may contain usefull information about my possible heratige. Does any one have a copy or know where I can get my hands on a copy to aid my research.

Any help would be welcomed

Many thanks
Andy Parkinson (Lancaster, Lancashire)
Parkinson73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:13   #27

I had a signed copy, but one of the Parkinsons I lent it to managed to lose it.
"Neither a borrowere nor a lender be"!
Balbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 15:06   #28

Thats a true statement! Shame you didnt photocopy it! I could have had a copy of your copy then! Oh well lets hope someone else has a photocopy of the book i can copy.
Parkinson73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..