Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2007, 20:12   #1

The Wilkinson Triplets

Famous every year in the Accrington Observer..up to the age of 21..Claire, John and Ian the first set of surviving triplets in Accrington for about 20 odd years.. born September 1973 at Edith Watson Maternity Unit in Burnley..as that was the only local hospital to have facilities for multiple births...as John and Ian were in incubators at the time..Claire graced the front page of the Lancashire Evening Telegraph.along with her mother ..at the tender age of a couple of hours old..can't remember the exact age as i was..fast asleep at the time...when the chuffin photographer came and spoilt my nap!!!
Gingerninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-11-2007, 21:37   #2
God Member

Re: The Wilkinson Triplets

Hello Claire, I remember you all I was in your sisters class at Peel Park
Old 27-11-2007, 22:10   #3

hi.i went to school wi u sis too,we used to be good mates,been to your house a few times as a kid
lancscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2007, 23:55   #4
Junior Member+

Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 00:25   #5
Resting in Peace

Welcome Gingerminga .. guess your Auntie June is one of me oldest and best mates ... x
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 00:38   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Welcome Gingerminga .. guess your Auntie June is one of me oldest and best mates ... x

Whoops sorry, meant Gingerninja .. honest genuine mistake .. ginger meself like.. Hope you got the Wilkinson sense of humour ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 19:51   #7

There was another set of natural triplets, born in Clayton le Moors I'm not sure of the year but it was well before the 2nd world war. I think they were called Whelan but I'm not certain. My mother used to tell me that it was the most talked about event for years and the three lads all looked alike. I can just imagine the fuss that was made. And without fertility help too.
thindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:13   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thindle View Post
There was another set of natural triplets, born in Clayton le Moors I'm not sure of the year but it was well before the 2nd world war. I think they were called Whelan but I'm not certain. My mother used to tell me that it was the most talked about event for years and the three lads all looked alike. I can just imagine the fuss that was made. And without fertility help too.
I just posted a Photo of the East Lancs TA the Whealan tripplets are front row on there
accypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 01:18   #9

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...ials-part2.jpg

hopefu;;y that show you the whealan triplets of Clayton

scroll to the bottom they are next to each other in the front

Last edited by accypete; 30-12-2014 at 01:20.
Old 30-12-2014, 01:19   #10

scroll to the bottom
Old 05-01-2015, 03:17   #11
Full Member+

must have been fun in school lol
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2015, 17:03   #12

Hi there Claire,

As you know I was a very good friend of your Mother & Father. We corresponded a bit just after your Mother sadly passed away.
To change the subject slightly I can remember another set of triplets in Accrington, here are some “sketchy” details:

Name: Wilson
Address: Cotton Street (just before Belfield Road)
Born: Not sure, but when I was a boy of say 10, they were something like 20 – 25, so say around 1929 – 1933.
Looks: All identical with blond hair, slim in build

Maybe someone out there can also remember them?

Cheers

Philip
landhusweg is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..