Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Internet Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f122/)
-   -   Kodi boxes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f122/kodi-boxes-68875.html)

Colly 08-02-2017 03:46

Kodi boxes

There's a court case coming up in may about a bloke who's been selling there's boxes if you don't know what they are it's a live streaming box you can watch shows movies all over the world.

RainbowSix 08-02-2017 11:33

Re: Kodi boxes

They would find it hard to technically ban them so I wouldn't worry about that.

However if you have Exodus then consider that the author of it has just retired from writing it so something else needs to replace it. best to ensure it has the latest update too as a recent one was used to turn the boxes into a botnet.

When you don't have a TV aerial it makes watching TV via the net a good 2nd.

However I'm sure that your going to get short shift from several on here :)

Neil 08-02-2017 12:46

It isn't a very good idea admitting on a public forum you are watching pirate video streams.

We don't mind Kodi boxes being discussed as they are legal but we wont allow any comments on how to install add ons to allow pirate video streams to be watched.

Gordon Booth 08-02-2017 13:46

Five arrests in 'fully loaded' Kodi streaming box raids - BBC News

Well spotted,Neil.

Less 08-02-2017 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1187034)
It isn't a very good idea admitting on a public forum you are watching pirate video streams.

We don't mind Kodi boxes being discussed as they are legal but we wont allow any comments on how to install add ons to allow pirate video streams to be watched.

However if you want a link for all of the above...

Just Google.

Restless 08-02-2017 23:01

Grinds my gears when people call them "kodi boxes" the popularity of xbmc...Ok I mean kodi(habit) has soared in the last year or so thanks mostly to the inexpensive Amazon fire sticks.

Been telling people about XBMC for years and nobody knew what I was talking about. I used legal adding like Justin.tv and YouTube. It was great to have this software in 2004 onwards on an Xbox, a machine much more capable than what it was originally intended for. I used to keep all my music backed up and it was my jukebox as it was hooked up to the speakers.

Suddenly everyone knows what it is. People selling various android products with kodi pre installed with plugins that allow for streaming illegal content. They give kodi a bad rep. Plenty of great legal addons. I used my Xbox back in day as a settopbox too streaming stuff using the tvcatchup plugin(which was legal, you had to have a TV licence). By all means look into kodi if you never used it before. Fantastic software.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RainbowSix 09-02-2017 00:01

It's the sale of them that is currently being tested for legality, not the use of Kodi (xbmc) loaded media players.

Neil 09-02-2017 01:35

It's the sale of android boxes with kodi installed with the addons for the pirate stuff. Daft thing is all that will happen is they will sell the same box without the addons and a quick google search will tell you how to add them.

Margaret Pilkington 09-02-2017 08:05

Rob...I haven't a clue as to what they are or what they do.

Colly 09-02-2017 08:08

It's a Internet streaming program most of the stuff 🇺🇸 programs but there is pirated movies which I don't really care for there good boxes there 6 people in court in may for selling the boxes with pirated content on them. . I only use it to watch Ncis, Ncis la, Ncis new oceans six mths before its out in UK 🇬🇧

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Neil 09-02-2017 09:02

The US programs will be pirated as well as you're not paying for them and they will be pay TV channels in the US.

It's a TV box like a freeview box Margaret but instead of getting the programs through the TV aerial all the media is streamed off the internet. Kodi is the program that runs on the box, a bit like you can watch youtube using Internet Explorer

Margaret Pilkington 09-02-2017 10:24

Thank you for explaining. I am not a great watcher of TV and if I am on my own in the house I switch the box off.
Himself loves it and watches some real dross.

Restless 11-02-2017 17:43

Calling it a internet streaming program does it a disservice what its purpose is, is a media center program for YOUR CONTENT

What the addons(not provided by kodi) do is create ways of viewing web sources in a list format so you can play them using kodis video player.

Say you copy your entire music collection and you spend time, copying all your DVD collection onto your PC, raspberry pi, android box or whatever is running kodi

What kodi does then is Scape the infomation from music databases and video databases (like IMDB) to build a very impressive media center interface. I've shown this before on here, I once did a video showing you how to view accyweb on an Xbox(xbmc4xbox) using kodi plugin forum browser....

Gremlin 12-02-2017 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1187178)
Calling it a internet streaming program does it a disservice what its purpose is, is a media center program for YOUR CONTENT

What the addons(not provided by kodi) do is create ways of viewing web sources in a list format so you can play them using kodis video player.

Say you copy your entire music collection and you spend time, copying all your DVD collection onto your PC, raspberry pi, android box or whatever is running kodi

What kodi does then is Scape the infomation from music databases and video databases (like IMDB) to build a very impressive media center interface. I've shown this before on here, I once did a video showing you how to view accyweb on an Xbox(xbmc4xbox) using kodi plugin forum browser....

Boom boom... Not a clue what youre on about and I was programing in TRDOS 35 years.
I think me and Margaret Pilkington could do with a few lessons, or not!!!!

Margaret Pilkington 12-02-2017 22:23

Russell, I think I am with you on that one.
I can learn anything that I want to learn, but i don't think this would be up my street at all.
I like my computer and I can make it do the things I want it to do for me...I am not so keen on TV( much of it it is either tripe or elder - and I am not a fan of these).
What passes for music these days doesn't light my fire either.
I have my favourite tracks on portable devices and listen to them on bus rides.
So I reckon the Kodi thingummy will get the swerve from me.