Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2006, 22:08   #1
Junior Member+

Anyone tried this? (pyramid scam)

not sure whether we're suppose to put these sort of things on here but wondered if anyone know if it works?

Make Lots of Money Quick, Easy & LEGAL with Paypal

AS SEEN ON OPRAH!!

PAYPAL VERIFIES THAT THIS $6 INVESTMENT SCHEME IS 100% LEGAL AND IS A BIG HIT THIS YEAR SEE

THEIR NOTE BELOW OR ASK THEM DIRECTLY... THIS SCHEME MIGHT TAKE 15-30 MINUTES AND JUST $6,

BUT IT IS 100% WORTH IT TO MAKE THOUSANDS SO QUICKLY. THIS IS NOT ANOTHER SCAM THAT
TAKES LOTS OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY; THIS IS A NO RISK INVESTMENT THAT WILL MAKE YOU

THOUSANDS OF DOLLAR VERY EASILY AND QUICKLY.

>From PayPal:

"Dear Member, it has come to our attention that there
is a PayPal scheme floating around at the moment you
may have heard or seen the $6 scheme. You may have
even taken part in it well we have been asked a lot of
questions about this scheme the answer is yes it does
work and yes it is safe to use providing you follow the
rules it is legal and has made a big hit on the internet
this year. If you would like to take part in this scheme
or would like a bit more information then please see the
attached file that was kindly donated to us. Thank you for
using PayPal!"

Get rid of student loans, get out of debt, make money to go traveling!!

Making Money - This Really Works Keep in mind that everything stated below is 100% legal as stated by the U.S. Post Office (1-800-725-2161).
A little while back, I was browsing through newsgroups, just like you are now, and came across an article similar to this that said you could make thousands of pounds within weeks with only an initial investment of $6.00! : Anyway it said that you have to send $1.00 to each of the following names on the list, stated at the end of this article using Paypal. You don’t have to be preferred or verified to transfer and receive money, so you lose no money through transfers. Now honestly, what is six pounds, especially out of a Paypal account. In exchange you will make thousands in the first few months. You then place your own name and email address in the bottom of the list at #6, and post the article in at least 200 newsgroups. (There are thousands of newsgroups)
No catch, that was it. So after thinking it over, and talking to a few people first, I thought about trying it.

I know that you have seen this on Oprah or even received numerous messages about this simple program and have probably just deleted them, I know I have!
But for some unknown reason this time I decided to give it a try.

Please give it an honest effort, you will not be disappointed and will be very glad you did when it starts to work. Remember, all you're going to be out of pocket is about the cost of a couple of coffees with the opportunity of banking thousands of pounds into your PayPal account!

I sent out my measly $6.00 to the six people on the list. Well GUESS WHAT!!... Within 7 days, I started: getting $$$$$ in my account!
I was shocked! I figured it would end soon, but the CASH just kept coming in. In my first week, I made about $25.00.
By the end of the second week I had made a total of over $1,000.00! In the third week I had over $15,060.00 and it's still growing.
This is now my fourth week and I have made a total of just over $26,000.00 and it's still coming in rapidly. It's certainly worth $6.00 and 6 minutes to send it out. This program WORKS, all you have to do is try it, and waste some pocket change. You could find six dollar lying around the house. There is absolutely nothing you could lose. Just follow the 3 basic steps below to make thousands in just a few days, weeks, or months, it all depends on how many posts of this letter you put in message boards or send as emails.

Here’s how it works: When you post 200 messages all over the internet, it is estimated that at least 15 people will respond and send you a $1.00. ($15.00) Those 15 will Post 200 Posts each and 225 people send you $1.00 ($225.00) Those 225 people Post 200 Posts each and 3,375 people send you $1.00 ($3,375.00) Those 3,375 post 200 posts each and 759,375 people send you $1.00 ($759,375.00) At this point your name drops off the list, but so far you have received $813,615.00. Note: I'm not saying this is going to make everyone 800 grand, but lets say even 1 person out of 200 tries this program, you are still going to make 50,000 pounds anywhere from 1 month to 6 months max!!!!!
You can also copy this letter and email it to some of your friends and associates, it’s a guarantee that some of them will be interested and give it a go, the more that do the more you make.

INSTRUCTIONS 1. Immediately send $1.00 to each of the six people on the list using Paypal, and in the comment (Subject) section type "Please add me to your list". Below are the emails that you transfer the money into:

Paypal accounts to send 1 dollar to :

Edit: Len
Removed email addresses.

2.After sending the money to the first 6 people on the list, you can remove the name next to the #1 on the list and move the rest of the names up one position (#2 becomes #1, #3 becomes #2, etc?) Then place your name in the #6 position. Then save it.

3. When you have completed the instructions, take this letter and then go to (Google, Yahoo,...)
and type in (Making Money Message board, Money Message Board, Money Forum, Free money Forum, or anything along those lines that are forums) and start posting your copy of this message at least 200 times, to as many unique message boards as you can, or more. The more times you post this at a unique board, the more money you will make.
You can email your message to as many people you can but remember, the more you post and email the more money you make!
Keep a copy of this letter so you can use it a second time. Post it out again in six months, but Post it with
the addresses you receive with each pound. It will work better the second time. Estimates are at 20,000 to 50,000 new users, every day, with thousands of those joining the actual Internet. Remember, play FAIRLY and HONESTLY and this will work.
If you don't have a paypal account you can copy the link below and follow the instructions. It’s totally secure, costs you nothing to set-up and is a very useful way of transferring and more importantly receiving money. You will be amazed every time you check your account to see how much money has been paid into it, and this money goes straight in without any deductions. To sign up for Paypal follow this link, just make sure that you use the same email address for your paypall account that you put in this list, that’s how your payments are made. paypal

4. This program remains successful because of the honesty and integrity of the participants. Please continue its success by carefully adhering to the instructions. In this business your product is not solid and tangible,
itπs a service. You are in the business of developing Mailing Lists. Many large corporations are happy to pay big bucks for quality lists. However, the money made from the mailing lists is secondary to the income which is made from people like you and me asking to be included in that list.

5. This is perfectly legal! If you have any doubts, refer to #####le 18 Sec.
1302 & 1241 of the Postal Lottery laws. Keep a copy of these steps for yourself and, whenever you need money, you can use it again and again.
This is the biggest growing internet money making scheme on the net, you will see that as you post your letter to the message boards, but that just
proves how successful it really is.

6. Good luck, don’t forget to follow the instructions correctly and spend the money wisely!!

Last edited by Len; 06-11-2006 at 22:44.
AccyHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-11-2006, 22:12   #2
I am Banned

Re: Anyone tried this?

I see the pyramid system has gone nettable
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 22:17   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
I see the pyramid system has gone nettable
There's about as much chance of it working as there is of me becoming a female mud wrestler
Old 06-11-2006, 22:19   #4
I am Banned

Well if anyone tries that they are mugs obvious scam
Old 06-11-2006, 22:20   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave
There's about as much chance of it working as there is of me becoming a female mud wrestler
Well thats something its got in common - huge wishful thinking!
Old 06-11-2006, 22:26   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

They used to be known as chain letters in the days of snail mail, usually there would be some garbage about bad luck coming your way if you broke the chain.

In those days the best thing to do with them was tear them up and throw them away. Nowadays it's even simpler just press delete and don't annoy anyone by sending it on to them!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 22:39   #7
God Member

Aint tried it but I do get a chuckle. Mabe the easiest way to become a millionare is to set one of these up the retire to a country that has no extridition treats with GB.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 22:40   #8
Len
God Member

It’s a scam. You would have been sure to have lost your $6.00 if you had followed the instruction.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 22:56   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave
So its a dead cert then, quick wheres my paypal password gone
Old 06-11-2006, 23:00   #10
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
So its a dead cert then, quick wheres my paypal password gone
You gave it to me for safe keeping, it's.....

bullocks, at least I think thats what it is, your handwriting is terrible!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 23:01   #11
white rabbits

Re: Anyone tried this? (pyramid)

oohh avoid it like the plague,,,
Old 06-11-2006, 23:07   #12
Foreign Correspondent

Re: Anyone tried this? (pyramid scam)

I guess there must be some people out there who actually fall for these things. Hard to believe!

All you need to do is a bit of elementary math - even if it works perfectly (which it will not), the scheme will soon run out of new suckers. Example - you send the letter to 6 people. The six folks who get your e-mail, one down from you, have to send it to have to send it to six each, for a total of 36. By the time you get to the folks twelve or thirteen levels down, you've exhausted all the people in the world. No one left to send it to, unless you send it to the same folks.

When in darkness or in doubt, visit Oswaldtwistle!
Billcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 23:35   #13
Junior Member+

Thanks all

Tis' binned, gone, forgotten!!
AccyHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 23:36   #14
I am Banned

Best place for it accyhat!
Old 06-11-2006, 23:44   #15
Len
God Member

I've found these links. They may give a bit more info on the subject.

What Is A Pyramid Scheme?

Pyramid Scams - Multilevel Marketing And Pyramid Schemes

Len is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..