Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2007, 20:13   #1

Apple IPhone - Safari Browser

I am particularly excited by the new Apple IPhone mini-Browser by Safari. There are now two new excellent cell-phone Browsers: Opera's Small Screen Rendering Technology Mobile Browser and now this one by Safari.

User Agents - Browsers and Screen Readers

James
jamesicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-01-2007, 09:49   #2
God Member

Re: Apple IPhone - Safari Browser

Err it may be a wonderful browser but its not even a 3G phone????????

And its locked to Cingular (USA) for 12 months so by the time it gets over here in a working state the market will be a million miles further down the road.

Nice to look at, lovely to hold, but if your seen with it consider yoursself OLD

At best it will give Nokia/S-E a kick up the bum to look at what they can do to sexify their offerings(as they are already technologically ahead of it).

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 19:42   #3
God Member

Such apple hate entwisi!

The iphone looks amazing and I am most likely going to buy one. Its not just the phone technology, its the apple software part that really takes my fancy too. I dont know any phone out there that has such a good interface.
Old 11-01-2007, 19:45   #4
God Member

my nokia 7110 cost a fortune and still works well....in the x years i ahve had it from new i have put about 30 quids worth of credit in.. the click open thingy still works as well not been in inernet with it in yrs though
Old 11-01-2007, 20:14   #5
God Member

Cyfr,

As I said on IM

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01...o_sues_iphone/

Oh dear!!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01...is_the_market/

not even 3G and its tie in with Cingular means forget UK import till its officially released here.

It will be old hat before its released. Sexy looking but nothing a good techie will be seen with(oh and it will be expensive). Given that and even Apples view that they plan to only sell 10M means they aren't really taking this seriously.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..