Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2013, 16:03   #1
God Member

blackburn and darwen group on facebook

if you are a member of the blackburn and darwen buy and sell group you may want to remove yourself from the group.Quite a few people have joined up and are trashing it with vile images and extreemly racist remarks.You could end up with some extreemly disturbing images on your facebook wall if its allowed to notify you etc.Someone claiming to be an admnin on there is also been just as abusive so i cant se eit getting sorted any time soon.

also i wouldnt reply to these idiots either because apparantly that can compramise your account so as tempting as it may be to say your bit it may be just safer to remove your self from teh group completely

just a heads up i doubt folk want their kids seeing aborted fetus's etc for example

absolute idiots

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-06-2013, 16:12   #2
God Member

Re: blackburn and darwen group on facebook

There are so many blackburn and darwen groups on fb kid, I think you'd have to be more specifiic, I am on several of them myself
Old 08-06-2013, 16:20   #3
God Member

ahh problem is iv deleted it now so cant get any more details about it.If you check yours you will soon see which im refering too

this is about teh best i can do

Blackburn and Darwen - Buy, Swap 'n' Sell

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 08-06-2013, 16:35   #4

It was Blackburn are Darwen Buy and sell group page.

I saw at least 2 pretty sick images.
phil8715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 16:48   #5
God Member

I deleted quite a few a while ago, that appears to be one of them, someone has said on another fb site that its been hacked and the police are involved
Old 08-06-2013, 16:50   #6
God Member

police apparantly have said they cant do anything to one person who complained

they soon can when its a footballer getting grief though

Last edited by accyman; 08-06-2013 at 16:52.
Old 08-06-2013, 16:55   #7
God Member

Fb can close the group though
Old 08-06-2013, 19:31   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

It looks like its the "Blackburn and Darwen - Buy, Swap 'n' Sell" page, odd things going on
Old 08-06-2013, 21:34   #9
Senior Member+

Facebook is full of this crap.... I have an old friend from school that is always sharing a flag with some stupid irritating message or propaganda....
Old 11-06-2013, 22:53   #10

I was caught out by this Facebook page at the weekend. I noticed in my Groups a heading "Blackburn and Darwen" so out of curiosity I clicked on. It immediately brought up all sorts of sick and vile images. Some people were saying how the site had been hacked and that they had reported it to OFCOM. I realised that by clicking onto the name of the Group I'd been made a member. I clicked onto the list of members and was horrified to see myself listed as "Judith Addison, Mayor of Hyndburn"!! Anyway, I googled "leave Facebook group" and found that I could leave it quite easily by clicking onto the "gear wheel" icon and choosing "leave group". I don't know why this site can't be closed down by moderators. Meanwhile, legitimate users of Facebook are being barred because they click on too many "likes" for one person (viewed as harrassment) or invite too many people to be Facebook friends (a well-known small business in Accrington has been banned several times for this). There doesn't seem to be any logic in all this!
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:53   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Addison View Post
I was caught out by this Facebook page at the weekend. I noticed in my Groups a heading "Blackburn and Darwen" so out of curiosity I clicked on. It immediately brought up all sorts of sick and vile images. Some people were saying how the site had been hacked and that they had reported it to OFCOM. I realised that by clicking onto the name of the Group I'd been made a member. I clicked onto the list of members and was horrified to see myself listed as "Judith Addison, Mayor of Hyndburn"!! Anyway, I googled "leave Facebook group" and found that I could leave it quite easily by clicking onto the "gear wheel" icon and choosing "leave group". I don't know why this site can't be closed down by moderators. Meanwhile, legitimate users of Facebook are being barred because they click on too many "likes" for one person (viewed as harrassment) or invite too many people to be Facebook friends (a well-known small business in Accrington has been banned several times for this). There doesn't seem to be any logic in all this!
Facebook is a law unto itself Judith, that's why I don't use it that much, I only comment post and never open any topic in my own name
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:02   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Agree wi jay, i use it, but very little n never open sod all, only use it mainly to keep in touch wi people that aint local, in fact i wouldn't use it at all if those people joined here, but that aint gonna happen cos they have no connection to our area.
Old 12-06-2013, 14:45   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Addison View Post

facebook claim to have security methods but do very little about it

they allow 14 year olds to have accounts but dont give access to these accounts to parents or remove them upon prents requests.They allow rapists and pedophiles to use facebook depite saying they do not especially when proof is given.

facebook dont care who has an account as long as they are making money and wont lift a finger to remove sexual predators

occasionally they release a statement saying they are working on it but nothing is ever done

upset a footballer or celibrity though and thats a whole different matter

Old 12-06-2013, 21:49   #14
Senior Member+

About Peados- I saw the article in one of the newspapers. This guy had a page that he added people and he made them proove they was peados. Then he would add them as friends to other accounts he had made and charged them to view the "friends only" picture lists. Apparently had around 8-10 accounts....totally disgusting.

I remember a few years ago playing mousebreaker pool. The game has a chat room and people always say "ASL" So I say 34 m uk and they leave the game. Weirdos
Old 13-06-2013, 10:29   #15
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I remember a few years ago playing mousebreaker pool. The game has a chat room and people always say "ASL" So I say 34 m uk and they leave the game. Weirdos
I had to google that and liked the first definition from Urban Dictionary

Quote:
ASL - What stupid people say on chats to learn who you are and where you live so they can come to your house with a chainsaw and kill you.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..