Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2007, 14:27   #1
God Member

Bored of the Internet

Right, I 've reached the point that I'm bored with the internet, Accyweb and a few other sites keep my general interest but on the whole I'm BORED with it.

So what sites do you keep going back to that hold your attention(keep it clean please!)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-04-2007, 14:34   #2
Yank in King Art's Court!

Re: Bored of the Internet

Sports, Finances, various News outlets and research sites, and Global Trivia!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 14:35   #3
I am Banned

Gawd i thought it was only me i wish i could find some other than accyweb hehehehehhee
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 14:39   #4
Resident Waffler

I occasionally remember to pop into other forums and have a quick chat or quiz. If I'm not here I'm on RewindLancs or I'm messing about making smilies or something. I chat to a few people by email or look things up on Google - that's about it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 14:41   #5
God Member

Mostly my football board for me, I don't get in to trouble for being an outsider there
Old 26-04-2007, 15:01   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Right, I 've reached the point that I'm bored with the internet, Accyweb and a few other sites keep my general interest but on the whole I'm BORED with it.

So what sites do you keep going back to that hold your attention(keep it clean please!)
Yes me too. We have only been on the internet for four months and at first i did not think i would ever get bored with it, but i have. This is going to sound really nerdy but i like looking at the google maps. You can zoom in and see some amazing pictures from all over the world even into islands that you would not think were inhabited. you can see amazing detail.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 15:15   #7
Give, give, give member

To paraphrase Dr. Johnson, tired of the internet, tired of life.

It's like having access to the best library in the world, and I don't find it boring at all.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 15:15   #8
Resident Waffler

Woohoo! I've just scored an all time best in a silly game and beaten the long time champion

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 15:45   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
So what sites do you keep going back to that hold your attention
BORED! Your avin a laff lol! I've not been bored since I found Second Life. I just wish there were more hours in the day
Old 26-04-2007, 16:09   #10
God Member

Me too. My routine is:

gmail.com
Myspace.com
bbc.co.uk/politics
theregister.com
accringtonweb.com
facebook.com

After i've finished doing that, im bored
Old 26-04-2007, 18:22   #11
God Member

Downloads fishing sites food sites news sport games research for my daughters projects to name a few. The internet is as wide or as narrow as you want it to be. Being limited to the amount of time I have had on line over the past month or so showed me how much I did use it and to a certain extent relied on it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 19:37   #12
Beacon of light

Well, I have just started doing some research into family backgrounds....so it has been the BMD site.....Ancestry......anywhere I can find information.
I have to say I'm pretty green at finding the stuff....but I will keep on looking...and though I thought it would be boring when I was asked by my niece to help her out with the research...it has been anything but boring.
I'm hooked.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 19:39   #13
Senior Member+

I'm bored,pay 18 notes a month to come on here
Old 27-04-2007, 20:35   #14
Senior Member+

I must admit that I don't use the internet half as much as I used to do. Accyweb and the Accy quiz every day, MSN Messenger is on most of the time and I do download my television programmes.

Still, I wouldn't be without it.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 20:56   #15
Passed away 25-11-09

My Favourites list is very long, I've got this site and 2 local ones to where I live, about 30 free games, loads about gardening, food and recipes, internet shopping and banking, the Lottery, Premium Bonds and dozens of others. I use google regularly and, of course, my most used form of communication these days is email.

I've had a computer for over 20 years, as my husband was "in the business", and I remember when the net first really got going. He rang one afternoon, from a place in Preston where he was doing a job, and told me to switch the PC on. When I did he talked me through a load of technical stuff and I was left with a blank screen which suddenly got the words, "Hello, it's me" spelled out across it. He told me to type something in so I did, I wrote, "What would you like for tea?" Back came the answer, "Can we have egg and chips please?" I was gobsmacked that I was able to talk to him via the computer - but look how normal that is now with MSN etc.

Bored with the internet? You're not using it to capacity.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..