Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2010, 10:08   #1
Resting in Peace

BT Broadband

Anybody having problems with BT Broadband this morning, over the last hour I've kept losing my connection then it comes back on again all by its self, i usually have to disconnect and reconnect the wireless router
Old 09-11-2010, 10:49   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: BT Broadband

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Anybody having problems with BT Broadband this morning, over the last hour I've kept losing my connection then it comes back on again all by its self, i usually have to disconnect and reconnect the wireless router
Mine's working fine but then It's not wireless.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:21   #3
Beacon of light

contact them John.....I had problems like this a few weks ago and they sent me a new hub.....free of charge.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:59   #4
Senior Member+

You are getting me worried now jaysay.
I have just signed up with Bt and am awaiting my free hub and final details, the hub is not needed as I have one working already but it will do for a spare.
I joined Lineone in 1998 and had no problems with it. it was a dial in setup and when I got broadband with Tiscali I could still use my Lineone email address. Talk Talk has now taken over Tiscali and since then all my emais have been going astray and some days I was unable to connect to them. No joy with Talk Talk help line or emails to them so I jacked them in and signed up with BT. My Lineone email address is still valid via BT as it is a separate account.
I hope I have done the right thing changing broadband supplier.
I will watch this thread for any more info on BT before it's too late to cancel.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:28   #5
Beacon of light

Gremlin, I would say to you....'don't worry'........I haven't had a moments worry with my broadband until a few weeks ago...when a similar thing to what John is experiencing happened to me....I contacted them and they got back to me withing 24 hours and sent me a new Home hub...free of charge. You can't do much better than that.
I believe in praise where it is due.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:57   #6
Senior Member+

Thanks Margaret, I have heard more good things that bad said about BT and I think with phone and broadband all in one setup it should work Ok. I have got a decent deal with them and am paying a year in advance for the line rental so saving about a fiver a month, plus first three months broadband free, all that plus anytime calls for £4 extra a month,
a wireless router thrown in for nowt and I think that's enough for me.
Old 09-11-2010, 17:46   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
You are getting me worried now jaysay.
I have just signed up with Bt and am awaiting my free hub and final details, the hub is not needed as I have one working already but it will do for a spare.
I joined Lineone in 1998 and had no problems with it. it was a dial in setup and when I got broadband with Tiscali I could still use my Lineone email address. Talk Talk has now taken over Tiscali and since then all my emails have been going astray and some days I was unable to connect to them. No joy with Talk Talk help line or emails to them so I jacked them in and signed up with BT. My Lineone email address is still valid via BT as it is a separate account.
I hope I have done the right thing changing broadband supplier.
I will watch this thread for any more info on BT before it's too late to cancel.
I wouldn't worry Gremlin I have had BTB for nearly 4 years and had very little problems, its just that for about half an hour this morning it was playing silly beggars, but it seems okay, but I will take Margarets advice and get in touch, could be that after 4 years it maybe on the blink
Old 13-11-2010, 12:23   #8
Senior Member+

Well the good news is the router arrived on time and installation took all of 10 minutes using the CD which came with it.
I packed it all away and plugged my old Wi Fi router back in and set it up for BT and it's working OK. I am getting 10mb download speed which is 5 faster than Tiscali.
My old Lineone email account which I have used for about 12 years is still working Ok via BT broadband so I don't need to inform all my contacts of a new email address.

I am moving into a new home in about three weeks so I will set the BT router up again then, I have ordered three phones for it, two with charging bases and one for the Wi Fi hub.
Upto now I have had a good connection and my fears were groundless.
I hope by writing this post I won't invite the gremlins in to cock it all up.
Old 13-11-2010, 12:52   #9
God Member

ive had bt for years and had very few problems not like the old aol
Old 13-11-2010, 14:10   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
ive had bt for years and had very few problems not like the old aol
The only problems I had with aol CS was when I told them I was moving to BT, now thats another story
Old 14-11-2010, 14:33   #11
Senior Member+

I have had a BT line with the same number since about 1972 and it's been fine ever since.
I am new to BT broadband because I have been with Lineone for 13 years but left when Talk Talk messed up.

Even when I lived in Read I had my number still active in my property in Accrington and had call divert to my Read telephone number.
Some people say I am a "stick in the mud" but I think if it is not broken don't fix/change it.
Anyway the BT broadband is working OK and much faster then Talk Talk.

When you see my posts splattered with expletives you will know it's messing up.
Old 15-11-2010, 19:47   #12
Senior Member+

I must add my latest report regarding the BT broadband service.
Today I discovered that I now have a second line at no extra cost and all I do is plug a spare phone into the Hub. It cost nothing to make calls to the numbers which I would get with the all day free call service on my main line and I have a second number.
Now when my wife spends 59 minutes and redials to her friends I can have ring mine up on the other line.
Bliss at last. My number is only given to my mates so my wife can't have a phone to each ear talking to two of her mates at once.
Old 16-11-2010, 09:09   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I must add my latest report regarding the BT broadband service.
Today I discovered that I now have a second line at no extra cost and all I do is plug a spare phone into the Hub. It cost nothing to make calls to the numbers which I would get with the all day free call service on my main line and I have a second number.
Now when my wife spends 59 minutes and redials to her friends I can have ring mine up on the other line.
Bliss at last. My number is only given to my mates so my wife can't have a phone to each ear talking to two of her mates at once.
Thats being very mean Gremlin, women were put on this earth to natter
Old 16-11-2010, 17:50   #14
Senior Member+

You may have a point there jaysay, while she is gabbing away on the phones I am left alone. I still have enough mates who are licensed amateur radio operators around the world so I still have that option and as she is not licensed I have the radio all to myself.
Old 17-11-2010, 08:08   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Sorry for coming in on this one so late - do you have any other wireless networks within range? We can pick up our neighbour's signal, and they can get the next house along, and so on. Whenever someone changes their router channel, it has a knock-on effect which manifests itself as dropouts and disconnections until everyone reaches a short-lived equilibrium. Then someone changes something and it all starts again...

Wireless channels overlap - so five houses in a row would be best on channels 1 4 6 9 11 rather than 1 2 3 4 5

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..