Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2008, 18:36   #1
God Member

BT Broadband Contract Renewel

I've just had a phone call from BT about my Broadband, my 'contract' is up for renewel shortly and they where offering me a free wireless home hub if i took out another 12 month contract with them, seen as i dont need a wireless hub because i dont have a laptop i said 'no', then the woman on the phone said 'well will you stay with BT for another 12 months anyway' i said 'i dont know' then i hung up

Now when my contract was up for renewel last year they knocked £3 a month off the cost of my broadband...i intend staying with BT for as long as i am on the net, but i was wondering if they will come up with some other kind of offer for me to stay with them instead of the home hub, if they dont then i will still stay with them, i reckon another £3 a month off the price of my broadband would be wonderful
Old 10-09-2008, 18:37   #2
Senior Member+

Re: BT Broadband Contract Renewel

does the hub not have a phone?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 18:42   #3

Ring them up and tell them you are thinking of changing provider, I got a few quid knocked off last year and a free BT Vision box. It kept me happy. I’m going to do the same this year and see what they come up with. Worth a try.
Old 10-09-2008, 18:45   #4
God Member

emma some have phones some dont

Last edited by flashy; 10-09-2008 at 18:51.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 18:59   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
You edited it

It’s a bit like a SKY + box I suppose is the best way to describe it. You can record on it, pause live telly or order films or TV Shows from BT ( they call it On Demand ) which goes on your phone bill. I don’t use the On Demand stuff so it costs me nothing so for me it’s just like a Freeview box that you can record on and pause. You don’t have to subscribe to anything. It’s ok for nowt.

Have a look here BT Vision
Old 10-09-2008, 19:48   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
Thanks, i want sure.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 20:18   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
You edited it

It’s a bit like a SKY + box I suppose is the best way to describe it. You can record on it, pause live telly or order films or TV Shows from BT ( they call it On Demand ) which goes on your phone bill. I don’t use the On Demand stuff so it costs me nothing so for me it’s just like a Freeview box that you can record on and pause. You don’t have to subscribe to anything. It’s ok for nowt.

Have a look here BT Vision

pmsfl, i only edited cos i googled what it was thats ok if you dont have to pay anything
Old 10-09-2008, 23:03   #8
God Member

to be honest the home hubs arnt that great and teh phones are crap that come with them although you can make free calls via teh internet with them as well as use them as a normal phone , not sure how many mins you get free but when they call back if you want some free calls ask them about it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:42   #9
Resident Waffler

We've got an internet phone but it's not a very good line compared to the landline.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 07:18   #10
God Member

I am thread reviving again, we have bt home hub broadband, the phone, as previously stated is rubbish and never been used, the wireless went down about 3 months ago, complained but nothing was done after many phone calls to bt, around 3 weeks ago, the broadband went off altogether after bt had reconnected the phone (which was disconnected because her indoors was changing to another provider and then changed her mind ), it took 14 phone calls last night to get the replacement hub ordered, but prior this had been passed from one department to another, they even had me taking the box apart on the wall! The customer service is worse than useless, when I spoke to a reasonable person, she re-ordered the home hub straight away, it took about 30 seconds, unlike all the others who took about 5 minutes each to do absolutely zilch!
Old 28-10-2008, 07:24   #11
God Member

I recently had a similar call from BT
They offered me free evening calls, in addition to the free weekend calls, if I would stay with them for the next 12 months......I said yes

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 07:25   #12
God Member

We already had the free evening and weekend calls, looks like they tariff people to suit themselves, no such thing as a standard tariff anymore!
Old 28-10-2008, 09:29   #13
God Member

well i decided to sack BT, i rang them up the other day, my contract has already run out for my phone and i have a couple more weeks left on my broadband....so i told them to end it, had to give 30 days notice so i'm only gonna be online until November 21st then i'll be offline....they offered me free evening and weekend calls PLUS they said they would lower my broadband to £9.99 a month if i stayed with them....i said NO

i hardly use my phone and with me going back to work i will be watching every penny

i might buy one of those pay as you go dongle things

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..