Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2010, 19:42   #1
Senior Member+

Burnley website

I have looked at websites for towns other than Accrington. None can hold a candle to Accyweb.

Today I learned that a website previously known as Burnleyweb has changed its name and is now Lancashire-online. Although Burnley-orientated at present, the webmaster hopes to attract material for the forum from across the county and beyond. He is clearly putting a lot of time into the site and deserves praise for this. I am full of admiration for our webmaster and his aides.They have achieved a top site and work hard at keeping it that way.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-09-2010, 20:54   #2

Re: Burnley website

Burnleyweb has been rather run down for years.

And I don't think this is the first time for lancashire-online - ISTR that name from neil there several years ago.

imo giving it a makeover will not get i any more posters.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2010, 22:22   #3

I agree Bob, Burnley Web should be really good but it's very hit and miss
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 09:26   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
Burnleyweb has been rather run down for years.

And I don't think this is the first time for lancashire-online - ISTR that name from neil there several years ago.

imo giving it a makeover will not get i any more posters.
It was Lancashire on Line when I first joined in 2007, as you say its gone down over the years it was quite busy when I first joined. Neal who runs the site (and others) has work really hard to make it work, but when nobody use it the games up. It actually shows just what a good product Roy has got here in Accy Web, can't think there is a comparable site anywhere which has over 18000 members and still growing and has as much traffic as it does, think we all owe Roy a big thank you
Old 26-09-2010, 18:29   #5

Most big towns have similar active forums.

Although I wonder how many of the 18k members actually post? I bet most of them joined because of the footy club.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 19:13   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
Most big towns have similar active forums.

Although I wonder how many of the 18k members actually post? I bet most of them joined because of the footy club.
I would also suggest that Accyweb is far more succesful because of the integrated Stanley section.
Old 27-09-2010, 09:10   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I would also suggest that Accyweb is far more succesful because of the integrated Stanley section.
Maybe a factor Dave but I think Accy Web would be very successful in its own right without the Stanley section as there are lots of people who never set foot in that section
Old 27-09-2010, 09:15   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Maybe a factor Dave but I think Accy Web would be very successful in its own right without the Stanley section as there are lots of people who never set foot in that section
....and I find it a nuisance
....having to keep doing 'mark forums read' to get rid

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 09:46   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
....and I find it a nuisance
....having to keep doing 'mark forums read' to get rid
Add it to your growing 'ignore' list, or start posting on Burnley web, they could do with a dedicated poster like you.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 09:55   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Add it to your growing 'ignore' list, or start posting on Burnley web, they could do with a dedicated poster like you.
You like Margaret really don't you Less
Old 27-09-2010, 10:02   #11
God Member

Quote:
Mmm but stanley section is popular and a major reason for postings & new members also interest - yours truelly joined because of stanley section

Many stanley people dont go into main sections becaue of in house snipers & politics and they may feel same about general sections but they dont complain about it

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 10:11   #12
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
You like Margaret really don't you Less
That is implying I have feelings of some sort for the daft old bat and could cause her some distress.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 10:11   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Mad View Post
Mmm but stanley section is popular and a major reason for postings & new members also interest - yours truly joined because of stanley section

Many stanley people dont go into main sections becaue of in house snipers & politics and they may feel same about general sections but they dont complain about it
Who's complaining about the Stanley section Ummmmm except Margaret, as you are aware I do pop into the Stanley section Stanleymad, even though I'm not a supporter as such, but love to see them doing well
Old 27-09-2010, 10:13   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
That is implying I have feelings of some sort for the daft old bat and could cause her some distress.
ya have a way with words Less
Old 27-09-2010, 10:16   #15
God Member

Am I bovvered?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..