Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2009, 20:58   #1
God Member

Exclamation Email scams

just got this and i found it rather annoying, ok i would never fall for anything like this but some poor soul might, how can they get away with it?

You can now email me at: [email protected]

- Dear Friend,How are you doing with your family? Hope fine,Please pay attention and understand my reason of contacting you today through this email,My name is Mr Mohammed Issaka Bill and Exchange Manager in African Development Bank Ouagadougou Burkina Faso.In my department,during the Auditing of the year 2008,I discovered an abounded sum of €4.500.000.00 Pounds that belongs to our Late Mr. Morris Thompson,an American prominent man who unfortunately lost his life in the plane crash of Alaska Airlines Flight 261,which crashed on January 31st 2000.You may read more about the crash on visiting this C.N.N News internet website below. desperately need your assistance to secure and move this huge sums of money left behind by my late client to the tune of €4.500.000.00,(Four million five hundred thousand pounds) out from African Development Bank Ouagadougou Burkina Faso to your own account,he executed contract through Department of Work and Housing here in Ouagadougou Burkina-Faso and the mentioned money above is his money left in our bank before his death.Meanwhile,for your smoothness of this transaction,I will pay you 30% of the total sum for your co-operation in this matter.If you know that you are interested and capable to handle this business transaction, come up with the information's showed below:-1.Your Full Name:2.Your Contact Cell Phone Number:3.Your Age:4.Your Sex:5.Your Occupations:6.Your Country and City:As soon as possible all these information's is submitted to me.I will immediately draft an application form with all your information's and send back to you,so that you will proceed with the transaction by sending the form to ADB bank for the transferring of this fund into your account.Yours Faithfully,Mr Mohammed Issaka

i took a url out of it just incase its as dodgy as this email
Old 20-02-2009, 21:00   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Email scams

woohoo... i could do with some cash

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 21:02   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
just got this and i found it rather annoying, ok i would never fall for anything like this but some poor soul might, how can they get away with it?

- Dear Friend,How are you doing with your family? Hope fine,Please pay attention and understand my reason of contacting you today through this email,My name is Mr Mohammed Issaka Bill and Exchange Manager in African Development Bank Ouagadougou Burkina Faso.In my department,during the Auditing of the year 2008,I discovered an abounded sum of €4.500.000.00 Pounds that belongs to our Late Mr. Morris Thompson,an American prominent man who unfortunately lost his life in the plane crash of Alaska Airlines Flight 261,which crashed on January 31st 2000.You may read more about the crash on visiting this C.N.N News internet website below. desperately need your assistance to secure and move this huge sums of money left behind by my late client to the tune of €4.500.000.00,(Four million five hundred thousand pounds) out from African Development Bank Ouagadougou Burkina Faso to your own account,he executed contract through Department of Work and Housing here in Ouagadougou Burkina-Faso and the mentioned money above is his money left in our bank before his death.Meanwhile,for your smoothness of this transaction,I will pay you 30% of the total sum for your co-operation in this matter.If you know that you are interested and capable to handle this business transaction, come up with the information's showed below:-1.Your Full Name:2.Your Contact Cell Phone Number:3.Your Age:4.Your Sex:5.Your Occupations:6.Your Country and City:As soon as possible all these information's is submitted to me.I will immediately draft an application form with all your information's and send back to you,so that you will proceed with the transaction by sending the form to ADB bank for the transferring of this fund into your account.Yours Faithfully,Mr Mohammed Issaka

i took a url out of it just incase its as dodgy as this email
You know Flashy, what amazes me is that there are people dumb enough to fall for this farmyard biomass (how I wish I could use the perfectly good term: bulls**t) .... how stupid can people be? S'ok the question is rhetorical. Some folks are so dumb they couldn't pour water out of a boot if the instructions were written on the sole.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 21:04   #4
God Member

but it happens doesnt it Eric, you see it all the time on the telly, people getting ripped off with things like this
Old 20-02-2009, 21:09   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

same guy left me 4.5 mill shaz, n his mate left me the same amount a couple of days ago, didn't think i was that popular.
Old 20-02-2009, 21:10   #6
God Member

awww they must really love you Cashy lol
Old 20-02-2009, 22:18   #7
I am Banned

[quote=flashy;683323]just got this and i found it rather annoying, ok i would never fall for anything like this but some poor soul might, how can they get away with it?

Any body who falls for a thing like that especially considering the address, the names and the amount, must have the IQ of a 5 watt light bulb.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 22:21   #8
God Member

Ive had a few of them this week lol.. must be doing thier rounds again. got plagued with some a few months back too. always delete them. but your right there are some that may fall for it. sadly.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 11:56   #9

Ye i have been having having Millions left to me but dont know anyone with that amount of money and i dont want it anyway so i just ignore it .LOL
bondi38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 17:05   #10

When these first came out they managed to con quite a few people, then everyone became wise and it dropped off . However think of this : Spammers expect one result from 12 million emails sent. When they get one they share it with others. So from each scam they hope to get 100 suckers.

And then they start another one. And the thing is they are getting clever. The please confirm bank details one has caught a load of people. The easy ones to spot are those done by amateurs with bad english, but some of the really thought out ones are very believable
Old 21-02-2009, 17:15   #11

Got a "new friend" on facebook the other day from Nigeria, thought i would look carefully who this was and when i looked more into it, it was a advert selling GUNS but it was all in a language i did not know, i did report it, hope they look into it, looks like the scams are creeping back in again.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 00:09   #12
Give, give, give member

He should email President Mugabe.

He's always looking for sound money making investments.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..