Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2011, 10:30   #1
Resting in Peace

Explorer

When I logged on this morning Internet Explorer was being a real pig, kept getting the message Internet Explorer is not responding, I've had this very occasionally before, but its not really been a big problem until this morning it was ever time I wanted to click on anything, it just froze. I sorted it in the end by resetting my computer to an earlier date, which seems to have cured the problem. Has this happened to anybody else and is there an easier way of sorting it rather than turning back your computer
Old 28-06-2011, 10:38   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Explorer

John, I have ditched IE, in favour of Firefox, and I get much less of those error dialog boxes than ever before. I was a bit chary of changing over to firefox, but it was the best move I ever made(thanks boys...you know who you are).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 10:42   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
John, I have ditched IE, in favour of Firefox, and I get much less of those error dialog boxes than ever before. I was a bit chary of changing over to firefox, but it was the best move I ever made(thanks boys...you know who you are).
This is the first time I've ever had real problems Margaret, just an odd occasion before, but as I said Its absolutely fine now
Old 28-06-2011, 10:44   #4
Beacon of light

If it starts messing around again John...ditch it....you won't be sorry.
Have I ever led you astray John?
You know that I wouldn't lie to you!
Old 28-06-2011, 10:46   #5
Beacon of light

here's a link should you ever need it John.

Mozilla Firefox Web Browser ? Free Download

It seems to be much more secure that IE too.
Old 28-06-2011, 11:24   #6
God Member

no software is ever 100% secure, what I prefer is a company that releases fixes quickly. IE is always massively behind in this score.

I'd also recommend trying each of the major players and seeing which suits you the best. Personally I like Opera as its has a number of really neat features that fit how I like to work. its all about trying a few and sticking with what fits best. Some people like Google Chrome

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 11:32   #7
Beacon of light

I was really wary about switching.......and I know there isn't a 100% secure browser, but firefox was recommended(thanks guys) and I downloaded it and found that I could use it comfortably.
You have to realise Entwisi when you get to my age(and Jaysays too I guess) we are resistant to newer things.......they take us out of our comfort zone.
I haven't tried Opera, or Google Chrome, but they were options if I failed to become friends with firefox.
Old 28-06-2011, 12:56   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
When I logged on this morning Internet Explorer was being a real pig, kept getting the message Internet Explorer is not responding, I've had this very occasionally before, but its not really been a big problem until this morning it was ever time I wanted to click on anything, it just froze. I sorted it in the end by resetting my computer to an earlier date, which seems to have cured the problem. Has this happened to anybody else and is there an easier way of sorting it rather than turning back your computer
Had that once or twice, managed to cure it by rebooting, I've tried all the other web browsers like firefox, goggle chrome, opera, etc, I scrubbed them all they were doing my head in.
What I have found is internet clutter can have an effect on your computer, I have programm caled Fixit that clears them all out, and removes rubbish from registry as well.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..