Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2007, 18:41   #1
God Member

Gone too soon website

anyone want to comment on the merits or taste of the website featured in this news item
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1965

link to gonetoosoon website

http://gonetoosoon.co.uk/index_main.php
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-05-2007, 18:52   #2
God Member

Re: Gone too soon website

Think its a bit sick.
Old 24-05-2007, 18:59   #3
God Member

agree grego but I don't think he meant the harm it caused and unlike many other sites out there he acted quickly when people complained...had a look at the site...very touching and the ads were gone

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007, 19:15   #4

Yes i think it,s sad and sick too
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007, 19:16   #5
God Member

I find the site in general upsetting but if it gives something to the bereaved then so be it.
Old 24-05-2007, 19:16   #6
God Member

I sympathaize with anyone who has lost a loved one especially a child , and can understand grief , but a comment like " "Some of us here are mums to angel babies in particular, some only having seen their babies grow wings a few days or weeks ago," is a bit over the top , I can understand such sentiments amongst the family or even in the local paper where people knew the family concerned , but in my opinion having a memorial site open to comments from strangers around the world is just a bit morbid
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007, 19:17   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
I sympathaize with anyone who has lost a loved one especially a child , and can understand grief , but a comment like " "Some of us here are mums to angel babies in particular, some only having seen their babies grow wings a few days or weeks ago," is a bit over the top , I can understand such sentiments amongst the family or even in the local paper where people knew the family concerned , but in my opinion having a memorial site open to comments from strangers around the world is just a bit morbid
Agree entirely Steeljack.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..