Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2012, 13:57   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Google Browser gone Spanish!

Have you tried a system restore?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-06-2012, 14:06   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Have you tried a system restore?
It's only google - everything else is normal so a system restore is a bit extreme! However did you know you can restore google? Well guess what I tried it and it didn't make any difference - so I don't know what this is all about!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2012, 14:58   #18
Beacon of light

I would still try a system restore. I don't think it is particularly extreme......unless you want to live with Google in Spanish.
Old 13-06-2012, 15:17   #19
Resting In Peace

Kes you say Google browser in your first post but do you mean browser or search engine? If it's the latter it will be working in a browser like IE or Firefox so you may have to go back to that to sort things out - just a thought.

Google browser is Chrome isn't it? Sorry don't know anything about that.
Old 13-06-2012, 17:37   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Kes you say Google browser in your first post but do you mean browser or search engine? If it's the latter it will be working in a browser like IE or Firefox so you may have to go back to that to sort things out - just a thought.

Google browser is Chrome isn't it? Sorry don't know anything about that.
Hi Su, thanks for your concern yeh I fixed it now. It was the Google page/search engine - but it wasn't all in Spanish - I've fixed it now anyway eventually!
Old 13-06-2012, 17:52   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I would still try a system restore. I don't think it is particularly extreme......unless you want to live with Google in Spanish.
Yeh Margaret I fixed it now - but how it got like that is a total mystery as I never went into any settings - it just changed of it's accord, only other explanation is that somebody did it while I was on line???
Old 13-06-2012, 17:55   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Yeh Margaret I fixed it now - but how it got like that is a total mystery as I never went into any settings - it just changed of it's accord, only other explanation is that somebody did it while I was on line???
Its the Russians
Old 13-06-2012, 18:59   #23
Beacon of light

Well, glad you got it sorted. Did you write down how you sorted it? I know that when I have a problem, I sort it out and then a few months down the line when it happens again, I have forgotten exactly what I did to sort it out(mind you that might just be my age).
Old 14-06-2012, 05:04   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It could have also happened when you got your last list of updates from the microsoft update site if it updated languages etc it could have changed the settings for you.
just a thought.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 09:07   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It could have also happened when you got your last list of updates from the microsoft update site if it updated languages etc it could have changed the settings for you.
just a thought.
I don't allow updates Mick until I see what they are, sometimes they don't half screw your system up
Old 20-06-2012, 11:54   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
just a thought.
It went back to Spanish a few days ago - now I got used to it I just can't be bothered changing it back!
Old 20-06-2012, 18:02   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It went back to Spanish a few days ago - now I got used to it I just can't be bothered changing it back!
My other half has been having trouble with updates on her computer, she's turned her computer back to an earlier date and blocked updates now

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..