Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2011, 18:15   #1
I am Banned

Hacker Warning

Hacker Warning
Just recieved this from a fairly reliable source.
Retlaw.
URGENT - PLEASE READ - NOT A JOKE
PASS THIS ON!
IF A PERSON CALLED SIMON ASHTON EMAIL="[email protected]"[email protected][/EMAIL]) CONTACTS YOU THROUGH EMAIL DON'T OPEN THE MESSAGE. DELETE IT BECAUSE HE IS A HACKER!!
TELL EVERYONE ON YOUR LIST BECAUSE IF SOMEBODY ON YOUR LIST ADDS HIM THEN YOU WILL GET HIM ON YOUR LIST. HE WILL FIGURE OUT YOUR ID COMPUTER ADDRESS, SO COPY AND PASTE THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE EVEN IF YOU DON'T CARE FOR THEM AND FAST BECAUSE IF HE HACKS THEIR EMAIL HE HACKS YOUR MAIL TOO!!!!!.....
Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on.. This information arrived this morning, Direct from both Microsoft and Norton. Please send it to everybody you know who has access to the Internet. You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail titled 'Mail Server Report'
If you open either file, a message will appear on your screen saying: 'It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful.'
Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC,
And the person who o sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password.
This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon.. AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the anti virus software's are not capable of destroying it .
The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself 'life owner'..
PLEASE SEND A COPY OF THIS E-MAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS, And ask them to PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY!

Last edited by Mick; 23-12-2011 at 06:33.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-12-2011, 18:16   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Hacker Warning

Never open emails from unknowns Retlaw, never have
Old 22-12-2011, 18:24   #3
JFT96

Simon Ashton Email Hacker Hoax

Some of the text here:
Quote:
According to this warning message, "accepting" an email from a person named Simon Ashton, who uses the email address [[email protected]/email], will allow him to hack your email account as well as the accounts of other people on your email contact list.

However, these claims are unfounded. The "warning" is just a mutation of another hacker warning hoax that targets instant message users. As the following example indicates, the two hoaxes are very similar:
If somebody called [[email protected]/email] adds you don't accept it because its a hacker. Tell everyone on your list because if somebody on your list adds them you get them on your list he'll figure out Your ID, computer address, so copy and paste this message to everyone even if you hate them and fast cause if he hacks their email he hacks your mail
These bogus hacker warnings are just variations of a long-running series of hoaxes like the one shown below that claim that simply adding an email address to your list will infect you computer with a virus:

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion

Last edited by Mick; 23-12-2011 at 06:33.
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 18:29   #4
God Member

ill add him before he adds me ..

he wont see that coming

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 19:51   #5
God Member

as sson as I see "Reputable source", Microsoft , Norton etc its a darn sight its a hoax

and accounts such as hotamil are in no way linked so if he "hacks" theirs, he has no more chnace of hacking yours as me.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 20:05   #6
Senior Member+

I haven't been left a fortune by a Nigerian prince for at least 6 months now. My blocking of all spams on Hotmail must be starting to work.

But it has a downside. Where am I going to get my stocks of Viagara from now that I've blocked my main supplier?

gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 20:12   #7
God Member

It's a hoax e.mail..it started early 2008 .. The Simon Ashton hacker hoax, spreading via*email | Naked Security.... still better safe than sorry
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 10:02   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
I haven't been left a fortune by a Nigerian prince for at least 6 months now. My blocking of all spams on Hotmail must be starting to work.

But it has a downside. Where am I going to get my stocks of Viagara from now that I've blocked my main supplier?

There are pluses and minuses in all walks of life gynn

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..