Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2010, 11:08   #1
Resting in Peace

ITV Player.

I am having a problem with this and have not been able to play an episode of Corrie for heaven's sake

It is telling me that I may be an International User outside the U.K. Have checked IP no... is U.K. Tried Firefox (use IE)... just says video not available. This is their help suggestion. Don't really understand last sentence, and how do I get in touch with my ISP ? Seems some people can get it ? Why not me ... sob, sob.

12. I live inside the UK but it says that I am blocked because I am not in the UK, why?
We do not hold international rights to all of our programming so video content is supplied only to users with IP addresses in the UK. Some users in Britain may be affected by such geographic blocking if their internet service provider (ISP) uses servers outside the UK.
If you are within the UK, please contact your ISP to find out why you are being affected by geo-blocking. AOL customers may experience issues if using an AOL browser. We suggest using another browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox.
In addition, programs such as web accelerators can divert your internet connection outside of the UK and cause the same problem.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-10-2010, 13:36   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: ITV Player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I am having a problem with this and have not been able to play an episode of Corrie for heaven's sake

It is telling me that I may be an International User outside the U.K. Have checked IP no... is U.K. Tried Firefox (use IE)... just says video not available. This is their help suggestion. Don't really understand last sentence, and how do I get in touch with my ISP ? Seems some people can get it ? Why not me ... sob, sob.

12. I live inside the UK but it says that I am blocked because I am not in the UK, why?
We do not hold international rights to all of our programming so video content is supplied only to users with IP addresses in the UK. Some users in Britain may be affected by such geographic blocking if their internet service provider (ISP) uses servers outside the UK.
If you are within the UK, please contact your ISP to find out why you are being affected by geo-blocking. AOL customers may experience issues if using an AOL browser. We suggest using another browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox.
In addition, programs such as web accelerators can divert your internet connection outside of the UK and cause the same problem.
Phew Kate, it could be worse you could be missing a good Footy Match
Old 09-10-2010, 17:19   #3
I am Banned

Quote:

Who do you ring up if your internet connection goes down, ie, BT, AOL, Postoffice, thats who your ISP is. They may not be using equipment in this country, or using additional providers who are not in the UK.
Any clearer.
Why any one wants to see corrie as it is called, beats me, I thought you were more inteligent than that.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 18:03   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Who do you ring up if your internet connection goes down, ie, BT, AOL, Postoffice, thats who your ISP is. They may not be using equipment in this country, or using additional providers who are not in the UK.
Any clearer.
Why any one wants to see corrie as it is called, beats me, I thought you were more inteligent than that.

Retlaw.

I like to relax sometimes, Retlaw, and slum it out on programmes like Corrie .. I know what my ISP is (I think) .. would that be Tiscali then ? Just how do you send them a message.

ANYWAYS .... you could at least try it for me and see if you are getting the same message ... am getting withdrawal symptons here and you don't want to see me when I am angry .. green springs to mind ...
Old 09-10-2010, 18:31   #5
Senior Member+

Katex, I have got Tiscali and just out of interest I had a quick look at Corrie, not long I must admit, but it working OK here in Accrington.

A quick flick through other programs and channels and they all worked.
I don't think I have used the ITV player after I installed it until now cos I am now a keen TV watcher unless a good football match is on Sky in the Club where I sup.
Anyway to answer your question it is working here but why yours doesn't I don't know.
I was with Lineone until Tiscali bought them out many years ago and have never bothered to contact them so I can't even answer that question.
I am a bit useless really so I should have kept quiet and carried on drinking my Stella.

Good neet.
Old 09-10-2010, 18:48   #6
Resting in Peace

Grateful that you tried if for me Gremlin (unlike others ... ).. has always worked perfectly in the past .. just since Wednesday. Best I contact Tiscali then. x
Old 09-10-2010, 19:52   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Grateful that you tried if for me Gremlin (unlike others ... ).. has always worked perfectly in the past .. just since Wednesday. Best I contact Tiscali then. x
IF YOU MEAN ME, I would'nt contaminate my equipment with such rubbish, I would have to get a new screen, new hard drive and umpteen bottles of Gaviscon, to prevent me being sick.
If your connection with the internet broke down, how would you get back up and running then, how did you come to have an ISP in the first place, if you've lost your contact details, tough.

Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:19   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I know what my ISP is (I think) .. would that be Tiscali then ? Just how do you send them a message.

Stop your DD Kate, it won't take um long to get in touch with you
Old 10-10-2010, 11:52   #9
Beacon of light

Kate isn't there a bumper edition sometime today?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 22:35   #10
Senior Member+

are you using a wireless dongle(mobile internet) My mate couldn't put lottery on with his o2 dongle, it saying the same thing

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..