Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2013, 17:26   #1
Resting in Peace

Maile-daemon

When I logged on to night there were about 8 or 9 notices Maile-Daemon in my inbox, say unable to deliver your Email, well considering I haven't sent an Email for about 2 months I was a bit puzzled. I opened the first one and it said I'd tried to Email Andrew , but it couldn't be delivered. Well not having had any contact with Andrew for over 2 years, I'm wondering what's going on, or has my email account been hacked

Last edited by Neil; 13-06-2013 at 07:56.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-06-2013, 17:33   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Maile-daemon

Either yours or his, how many threads about this have you read and commented on where the very first precaution is always, if it's suspect don't open it! and what's the first thing you do?

well, I'll just look at one of them.

Why don't you just ask Accyman to live with you? It will save him having to come and fix your computer, again.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 17:55   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Either yours or his, how many threads about this have you read and commented on where the very first precaution is always, if it's suspect don't open it! and what's the first thing you do?

well, I'll just look at one of them.

Why don't you just ask Accyman to live with you? It will save him having to come and fix your computer, again.

Actually Less it was up and above board, it was from BT Yahoo, but I've since learnt that others have been sent and actually got through, Joan received one which was advertising 'Green Tea' a slimming product, just wondering if anybody on here have received one from me, if they have sorry it wasn't me
Old 12-06-2013, 18:00   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Actually Less it was up and above board, it was from BT Yahoo, but I've since learnt that others have been sent and actually got through, Joan received one which was advertising 'Green Tea' a slimming product, just wondering if anybody on here have received one from me, if they have sorry it wasn't me
Or was it? you opened one, thank goodness I accepted your friendship request on facebook just in time for this latest, oops! So I can expect plenty of strange comments, (business as usual).

By the way, I was a bit dubious about that, after all, how many times have you said you don't use facebook?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 18:38   #5
Resting in Peace

Re: Mailer-daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Or was it? you opened one, thank goodness I accepted your friendship request on facebook just in time for this latest, oops! So I can expect plenty of strange comments, (business as usual).

By the way, I was a bit dubious about that, after all, how many times have you said you don't use facebook?
Less I can assure you I didn't send out a face book request, as you were already on my friends list, there was a spate of requests flying round facebook to people who were already friends, there's been quite a bit said about it this week. I don't really use facebook in as much as I never open up conversations, I just comment on existing comments
Old 13-06-2013, 04:30   #6
Resting in Peace

Yes Jaysay I got one but just deleted it thanks
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 07:23   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Yes Jaysay I got one but just deleted it thanks
Ya so did Retlaw who did likewise
Old 13-06-2013, 07:57   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
When I logged on to night there were about 8 or 9 notices Maile-Daemon in my inbox, say unable to deliver your Email.......
Have you changed your email password yet?
Old 13-06-2013, 07:58   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Have you changed your email password yet?
yes
Old 13-06-2013, 08:51   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I get em from meself sometimes???? how the hell that happens when i aint sent em is beyond me.
Old 13-06-2013, 09:21   #11
Senior Member+

Don't drink the green tea, Jaysay - it makes you pee green. It stained my local swimming pool

I received one from you a few days ago. I spotted it as a bummer and didn't open. Don't take offence - and don't take the green tea.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..