Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 21:08   #1
Always EVIL within us

Question Mp3sparks

How do you know if you are downloading legitimate music?

We have all tried the likes of limewire etc in the past but I have just come across THIS (mp3sparks) and was taken aback by the cheapness of the songs offered for download.

It is in dollars but the average price to get an album on your pc is around $2-00 and individual tracks for just a few cents.

Does anyone have any experience of this site or any views as to why the music is so cheap?

Last edited by Busman747; 02-09-2007 at 21:08. Reason: can't spell :-)
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-09-2007, 19:48   #2
Always EVIL within us

Re: Mp3sparks

I have spoken to an American on another forum who gave me this info:

MP3sparks is a Russian website that is not legal in the states and from what I hear is not legal in the UK. The download cost is based on file size and is very cheap. A typical cd cost about $1.50 US. You can only pay by credit card and that takes care of all the currency conversions. The music is very high quality and they have a huge catalog available that is all DRM free. The site has been ruled legal in Russia and they have been very straight forward in my dealings with them. Let me know if you give them a try.

Seems like an interesting scenario, downloading on the internet from a country that deems its site legal? so does the internet have international boundaries - or not?
Old 03-09-2007, 21:16   #3
Senior Member+

as far as i understand it, copyright law is territorial, so because your pc is in the uk, a soon as the music is on your hdd or mp3player its in the uk and you would be technically breaching the copyright, i suppose its can be compared to buying a gun legally abroad for 5 pounds, but as soon as you bring it into the uk without the proper FAC you would be breaking the law, well thats my understanding of it anyhows
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 19:16   #4
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
as far as i understand it, copyright law is territorial, so because your pc is in the uk, a soon as the music is on your hdd or mp3player its in the uk and you would be technically breaching the copyright, i suppose its can be compared to buying a gun legally abroad for 5 pounds, but as soon as you bring it into the uk without the proper FAC you would be breaking the law, well thats my understanding of it anyhows

That makes sense, nice answer
Old 04-09-2007, 19:27   #5
Senior Member+

no worries
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 14:15   #6
Senior Member+

i would worry about giving visa details
over internet and to a russian organisation
before i worried about download legalaties

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..