Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2006, 21:49   #1
Always EVIL within us

Thumbs up Site Advisor

Apologies, I could have put this in "tech talk" but I feel that this download is so good that as many people as poss should be aware of its existence.

It comes from Mcafee and is called "Site Advisor." Every time you "google" and get umpteen sites on your chosen subject, it advises which sites are good and those that you should steer clear of.

Check out their advice on the Accyweb!
ACCYWEB

If you are searching for smilies, you will find freeze.com on the first page, this is what it says about them! FREEZE

- - and the dreaded "Smilie central" gets the amber light (works like traffic lights, green, amber and red.)

This software is not infallible, but can save you loads of grief with your p.c.

You can download at
THIS SITE or just try it out by entering any web site.

Last edited by Busman747; 18-05-2006 at 19:30.
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-05-2006, 05:30   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Site Advisor

Can i just point out that "Smilie central" has not to be used on accyweb as it puts large banners and links to there site on which you cannot see but all other members can we had a lot of trouble with this a while ago .
so please do not use them
---------------------------

By the way when i had a look at the freeze one it was RED not AMBER on my pc ?

Last edited by Mick; 18-05-2006 at 06:32.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 18:46   #3
Resident Waffler

Oooh in that case Mick that means that Freeze is more dangerous even than Smileycentral amd we should avoid it at all costs cos that's a red one!

Good old AccyWeb is all nice and green.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2006, 14:29   #4
God Member

Smiley central like you to download their software, which then puts links out wherever you post their icons inviting others to 'join'. the program whch gives you icons for messenger use isn't bad in itself, but it does leave you open to accepting without choice any piece of crap software that choose to 'give' you which can be anything.
if you remove it, it leaves a folder with a file on that will automatically reinstall it if you click on their smilies/icons

And thanks mick thats reminded me, i better say that on my forum, before anyone does.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..