Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2008, 18:22   #1

Virgin

Anyone else having problems with Virgin connectivity for the internet? Keeps cutting out and am having to keep rebooting it.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-06-2008, 03:40   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Virgin

Mine is fine.
Give us some more info and we might be able to help.
Do you have a Virgin cable connection along with your TV and Phone or is it ADSL using a BT phone line?

Are you using a laptop and wireless router?
Is your PC connected to your modem using a network or USB lead?
What do you reboot to make it work again?

Those sort of answers will help us help you.
Old 23-06-2008, 16:51   #3

Thanks for your reply Neil. Yes my cable is connected with TV and Phone. But all that now is irrelevent now. It went off completely a short while have posting yesterday and have only just got it back on. (now no laughter please) Just noticed my connection cable had come loose out of the set top box. If it goes again shall check that first.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 15:06   #4
God Member

there have been issues where if your internet comes through your set top box that you get cut outs , if the problem continues ring up virgin and demand a seperate modem for your internet

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 16:10   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if the problem continues ring up virgin and demand a seperate modem for your internet
I would try asking for a modem first. You can always demand later. I always find the friendly approach works best.
Old 09-07-2008, 16:37   #6
Senior Member+

My internet has been fine, I do have it seperate from my set top box though. Its the TV we've had problems with today. Not sure how it is now, but before I went to work practically every channel was jumping and freezing. We dont tend to have problems with the weather though as its a cable. Hope its better after, it was doing my nut earlier!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..