Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2010, 18:34   #1
Resting in Peace

Windows 7

Anybody using Windows 7, was wondering what its like and if its any good
Old 23-12-2010, 18:43   #2
God Member

Re: Windows 7

yes and yes
Old 23-12-2010, 18:49   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
yes and yes
As always straight to the point Shaz Thank you
Old 23-12-2010, 18:58   #4
Beacon of light

I have recently had to get a new computer......I had previously been used to XP, and quite liked it........I have a laptop with Vista on it and it is the biggest load of rubbish, bar none!
So it was with trepidation that I started up this new computer.....I expected it to be rubbish (like Vista), but it is very good. I like it...and I think you will once you get used to it(and that isn't hard).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 19:00   #5
God Member

i never had vista, went from xp to this and i really like it
Old 23-12-2010, 19:06   #6
Beacon of light

Shaz I hate Vista....it is(in my opinion) ungainly and difficult to navigate......and memory hungry too......absolute bobbins.
I think it was the Microsoft apprentices who were put onto the project that became Vista.
Old 23-12-2010, 22:02   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Shaz I hate Vista....it is(in my opinion) ungainly and difficult to navigate......and memory hungry too......absolute bobbins.
I think it was the Microsoft apprentices who were put onto the project that became Vista.
I agree vista was pants .I think windows 7 is very good its vista which has been properly finished i think vista was rushed out , now they have had more time windows 7 is the result
Old 23-12-2010, 23:16   #8
God Member

windows 7 is a dream when fixing re-installing etc
Old 24-12-2010, 09:26   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I have recently had to get a new computer......I had previously been used to XP, and quite liked it........I have a laptop with Vista on it and it is the biggest load of rubbish, bar none!
So it was with trepidation that I started up this new computer.....I expected it to be rubbish (like Vista), but it is very good. I like it...and I think you will once you get used to it(and that isn't hard).
I've had Vista on my laptop for nearly 4 years Margaret and had very little trouble with it
Old 24-12-2010, 09:27   #10
Resting in Peace

Thanks, looks like its okay then
Old 24-12-2010, 09:38   #11
God Member

Its a whole shed 'better' than Vista but it is still full of holes ( see this weeks zeroday bug in IE...)

I also find a lot of the User Access control stuff just FAR tooo obstructive. It was put on to try and stop people screwing up systems when they weren't aware of the impact of what they were doing but is so annying most people advise to turn it off...

I'm lucky, I only use Win7 on one machine for analysing javacores and heapdumps(and thats only because we aren;t allowed to connect "unauthorised OS's" to our networks which is stuffed full of IBM AIX LPARS! )
, my work PC is XP but is only really a thin client putty host as all my stuff is on Unix anyway

for me Unix/Linux based systems are still the only viable reliable OS for everyday Internet use. After all its good enough for all those iPhones and Android phones out there...

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2010, 10:04   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Its a whole shed 'better' than Vista but it is still full of holes ( see this weeks zeroday bug in IE...)

I also find a lot of the User Access control stuff just FAR tooo obstructive. It was put on to try and stop people screwing up systems when they weren't aware of the impact of what they were doing but is so annying most people advise to turn it off...

I'm lucky, I only use Win7 on one machine for analysing javacores and heapdumps(and thats only because we aren;t allowed to connect "unauthorised OS's" to our networks which is stuffed full of IBM AIX LPARS! )
, my work PC is XP but is only really a thin client putty host as all my stuff is on Unix anyway

for me Unix/Linux based systems are still the only viable reliable OS for everyday Internet use. After all its good enough for all those iPhones and Android phones out there...
All this tech talk is okay Ian, but I only know where the on button is on any computer mate
Old 24-12-2010, 10:16   #13
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I've had Vista on my laptop for nearly 4 years Margaret and had very little trouble with it

Jaysay, I haven't had trouble with it, as such, it is just a horrible horrible OS after XP........hard work navigating. I have had my laptop 2 years and I still have difficulties finding things on it........absolute and utter rubbish.
Windows 7 is much more user friendly.
Old 24-12-2010, 10:30   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Jaysay, I haven't had trouble with it, as such, it is just a horrible horrible OS after XP........hard work navigating. I have had my laptop 2 years and I still have difficulties finding things on it........absolute and utter rubbish.
Windows 7 is much more user friendly.
Ha well its okay for me Its quit easy for me to navigate and find things ya can't really get lost between Accy Web and Blackburn Web Margaret
Old 06-01-2011, 09:40   #15
Resting in Peace

Well after giving it a bit of thought I've got Windows 7, and yea is brill, glad I did now

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..