Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Church (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f123/)
-   -   Looking to move - advice please (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f123/looking-to-move-advice-please-31160.html)

mcfly 02-06-2007 09:18

Looking to move - advice please

Just about to sell a small business in Stockport. I was looking around Lancashire to relocate in order to be mortgage free, and hopefully semi retire. A customer suggested Church as she has family on Dill Hall Lane. I just read the thread " what do you like about Church". Where would you good folk suggest I look? I'm after a quiet life. My years of of sorting feral youths out are not quite behind me, but I would rather not. I was attracted to the area because of motorway links and the partly rural aspect. Appreciate any advice.

Royboy39 03-06-2007 09:07

Re: Looking to move - advice please

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 431427)
Just about to sell a small business in Stockport. I was looking around Lancashire to relocate in order to be mortgage free, and hopefully semi retire. A customer suggested Church as she has family on Dill Hall Lane. I just read the thread " what do you like about Church". Where would you good folk suggest I look? I'm after a quiet life. My years of of sorting feral youths out are not quite behind me, but I would rather not. I was attracted to the area because of motorway links and the partly rural aspect. Appreciate any advice.

Hello and welcome Mcfly.
That is some question - Have a good look round and ask a lot of questions of the locals before you decide.
Feral youths are a problem wherever you look or intend to settle.
I will pass on answering this one or give you further advice.
I wish you luck..............Roy

cashman 03-06-2007 09:49

hi mcfly, ive had 2 houses on dill hall lane, 1 of the red-brick semis, n a terrace past the graveyard, never had any aggro from noise or owt, would be a bit wary of the bottom end possibly nowadays. but would say top-end is a fair bet!

Wynonie Harris 03-06-2007 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 431702)
but would say top-end is a fair bet!

...and you'd be within walking distance of a decent football club! :D

maxwell silver 03-06-2007 14:30

I'd definately recommend the Dill Hall side of Church if you fancy peace & quiet,though the properties are a bit more expensive if your buying.If your renting & don't mind the odd argy bargy on the street at 2am then theres always a few to let up our way.

WillowTheWhisp 04-06-2007 07:19

We don't tend to get any feral youth problems up on Willows Lane here although I think there might be the odd one or two off to the sides now and again.

entwisi 05-06-2007 06:50

Bash is about as quiet as it gets. A couple of kids hang about near teh Spar but otherwise its dead quiet

wellbeing 05-06-2007 11:14

i personally wouldnt live in church, dill hall lane top end is ok i suppose but you have to look at what you are near to if u live on dill hall you are close to meadoway and regent road, which would worry me cuz the kids do walk about and i know that the kids on meadoway area are not the best behaved.Up near the coppice would be perfect for you it is silent all day and all night.The way i look at it is house prices are high for a reason so if you buy a house for say 150,000 you are gping to get decent people living in the are if you pay 60.000 you could get some louts.
good luck anyway hope you find somewhere peacefull.

panther 05-06-2007 11:32

there are lots of decents places,.....its people who arnt decent!!
i could say a few but ill get mobbed for it:D

lancsdave 05-06-2007 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellbeing (Post 432268)
The way i look at it is house prices are high for a reason so if you buy a house for say 150,000 you are gping to get decent people living in the are if you pay 60.000 you could get some louts.

Nothing to do with size of house then ? :D

You can get plenty of louts on the 10 bob millionaire estates these days, spoilt kids who think other people and their property should alleviate their boredom

mcfly 09-06-2007 08:15

Many thanks for the replies. I had a look around last week, some spectacular views around there.
I agree with both points of view, that house prices are high for a reason, and that yobs are everywhere. I have a shop/ post office in Stockport in what is known as a very good area. Strangely enough it is the winter months when all the disturbance is caused. We have a night club at the end of the road, yet house prices are £200,000 plus.
Noise as such doesn't bother me. I had the unfortunate experience recently to find someone peeing on my door step. After I rendered him unconscious the police arrived. Fortunately one of them was a friend of mine. I was quietly told to lie about the incident and tell them I was attacked first. Apparently urinating on your property does not warrant a punch in the mouth. Unless you are the chief constable of course.
I'm just looking for a live and let live type of life ,but aint we all?
Once again, thanks

Royboy39 09-06-2007 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 433157)
Many thanks for the replies. I had a look around last week, some spectacular views around there.
I agree with both points of view, that house prices are high for a reason, and that yobs are everywhere. I have a shop/ post office in Stockport in what is known as a very good area. Strangely enough it is the winter months when all the disturbance is caused. We have a night club at the end of the road, yet house prices are £200,000 plus.
Noise as such doesn't bother me. I had the unfortunate experience recently to find someone peeing on my door step. After I rendered him unconscious the police arrived. Fortunately one of them was a friend of mine. I was quietly told to lie about the incident and tell them I was attacked first. Apparently urinating on your property does not warrant a punch in the mouth. Unless you are the chief constable of course.
I'm just looking for a live and let live type of life ,but aint we all?
Once again, thanks

Hi Mc
I can suggest somewhere else to live if you are thinking of retirement.
Here is a website where there are 12.000 houses and flats for you too look at. Select an area at the top left hand corner and off you go.

Pisos en alquiler en toda España - Enalquiler.com

Roy