Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Church (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f123/)
-   -   Church / Ossy Stinks! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f123/church-ossy-stinks-39340.html)

FunkyMonkey 11-05-2008 18:45

Church / Ossy Stinks!

The smell outside is awful, its all over church/ossy and into accy i've had to come inside out of the stink. Cant even open my windows, its roasting in here!

What is it the bone factory in church?

Who can we complain to stop them ruining this weather?

K.S.H 11-05-2008 18:47

Re: Church / Ossy Stinks!

Don't think its the factory at Church, doesn't smell these days like it used too, I think it's someone muck spreading

MargaretR 11-05-2008 18:57

Why do farmers have to spread in summer?

A frequently asked question is "Why do farmers have to spread in the summer months. Why not in winter when people are less likely to have windows open or be relaxing in their gardens?" The answer is that spreading can only be undertaken in fair weather. Ploughing in wet, cold or frozen ground is not feasible. The growing season dictates that most crops are harvested in summer and ploughing in of manures follows almost immediately. This is to replenish the soil ready for the following year.

Royboy39 11-05-2008 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 575006)
Why do farmers have to spread in summer?

A frequently asked question is "Why do farmers have to spread in the summer months. Why not in winter when people are less likely to have windows open or be relaxing in their gardens?" The answer is that spreading can only be undertaken in fair weather. Ploughing in wet, cold or frozen ground is not feasible. The growing season dictates that most crops are harvested in summer and ploughing in of manures follows almost immediately. This is to replenish the soil ready for the following year.

Agree with all of that also this is time of the year to empty the liquid slush tanks on the land and they stink to high heaven but it has to be done.:Banane12:

garinda 11-05-2008 19:32

It smells like coddy muck to me.

Breath it it...it'll clear your lungs.:D

Royboy39 11-05-2008 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 575015)
Agree with all of that also this is time of the year to empty the liquid slush tanks on the land and they stink to high heaven but it has to be done.:Banane12:

Hey Flashy.........Heres another one for hardening your feet up.
I have had my wellies full many a time but I'm still walking

flashy 11-05-2008 19:54

pmsfl cheers Roy but i reckon i'll give that one a miss too ;)

flashy 11-05-2008 20:28

that smell has wafted over to Intack, i've just been next door to daddys and it stinks out there

Royboy39 11-05-2008 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 575061)
that smell has wafted over to Intack, i've just been next door to daddys and it stinks out there

Good in'it? :eek:

Lilly 11-05-2008 20:32

I've had to put up with the honk all day too. :(

I think it's definitely muck spreading.

Not much you can do about it but it sure is horrible.

flashy 11-05-2008 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 575062)
Good in'it? :eek:

shut it you, your hundreds of miles away, you cant smell owt ;)

Royboy39 11-05-2008 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 575063)
I think it's definitely muck spreading.
Not much you can do about it but it sure is horrible.

Why not get our resident lawyer to ring all the Farmers on a line from Accy to Intack to complain 'The sh*t you have spread in your fields is causing my 'friends' to smell funny smells....will you please take it back up?'
I think The expletives would be quite choice and may...only may... add to the never ending learning curve.

lindsay ormerod 11-05-2008 21:01

It weas really whiffy down at the cricket club for about an hour, we thought it was the tip, and then we won and it all got a bit blurry.....:D

junetta 11-05-2008 21:37

We are going through the ´chicken poo´ season. Next time you eat a banana...........

Doesn´t smell but it doesn´t half generate flies. Eat out and there they are, cook indoors and it´s awful. Manure in any form is revolting

Royboy39 11-05-2008 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by junetta (Post 575101)
We are going through the ´chicken poo´ season. Next time you eat a banana...........

Doesn´t smell but it doesn´t half generate flies. Eat out and there they are, cook indoors and it´s awful. Manure in any form is revolting

Lucky here really, don't come across many animals of the bovine kind..male or female..chickens come cut up, milk comes in cartons, but I have to go back to Darwen and Preston in June and I hope the smell has gone.