Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Church (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f123/)
-   -   Life in Church (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f123/life-in-church-48172.html)

NEW2ACC 03-07-2009 22:13

Life in Church

I moved to church a couple of years back having no real knowledge of the place beforehand ( There are some things the estate agents dont tell you).The first clue all was not well was when we were moving in, a gang of hoodies congregated quite near to the van, when one of them suggested they move on, one hoodie said `hang on I want to see what gear these guys have got` totally unconcerned that I had heard him.In just over two years we have had broken window, eggs at regular intervals, every panel on car has been keyed and several also dented ,screwdriver in tyre,car ariel snapped, back gate kicked in,stuff stolen from yard.I once made the mistake of cleaning my car in the street and that night it had chips and gravy smeared all over it .I have been told this was once a nice community ( albeit many years ago )but all I can say is I cant wait to leave.

spex357 23-07-2009 08:29

Re: Life in Church

Strewth it wasnt like that when i lived there, must dishearten you somewhat. Hmmm, chips and gravy, with scratchings yeh! not available in this part of the world, gravy is quite rare even on your Sunday roast, and if you say i cant eat that without they rush off and i have never worked out what it is in the jug, most odd. A local farmer in my area was so sick of a certain family stoning his windows, thieving and worrying his stock and always getting away with it he pulled up outside their house with a spray manure machine and gave them approx 2 tonne of manure with the consistancy of porridge. The upstairs and the lounge windows where open and the boys came out from the back armed with knives after the initial shock, as he legged it with them chasing he opened it up full belt and bowled them over. He grabbed one on the floor by the neck and told him anymore bother and he would shoot him and his brothers, and what he was going to do to their mum i cant really print here. The family have never stopped being a nightmare for the rest of town but dont visit the farm anymore. The eldest son was so clever he spread petrol around a flat he had broken into and then struck a match, i am amazed he is still alive but sections of his arms and leg muscles have gone, i think people hoped they would leave but after a council cleanup they came back. The farmer went to court and the old judge through it out as a waste of public money, lucky man. Its no different in rural Devon if someone starts a vendetta against you, here is farming stock and you are likely to get shot if you really pee someone off, somehow you need to break the cycle, moving should really be a last resort, dont let them win. May the flea's of a thousand camels infest their armpits.

X1X 06-11-2009 00:34

Re: Life in Church

Agreed, Church is rubbish and i always blame my mum for bringing my up in such a crap area, and yes when i was about 10 it was a nice play to live but now at 18, i cant w8 to leave, Certain people (No names)(The Hoodies) of which you call them (I know them) have moved in and just degraded church, with vandalisim and robbery. Also yes okay i did at sometime hang around with them but not now. I attend college, play poker to pay my way Which is totally working out for me : ), and just dont mix with them.

Kamfluelo 08-08-2019 15:21

Life in Church

There was a co-pastorate in a Disciples church in one town I served in. They were actually co-equal. A little bit different arrangement. But it worked well for a lot of years.