Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Church (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f123/)
-   -   HBC Website - Bozo's! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f123/hbc-website-bozos-5732.html)

Tealeaf 27-09-2004 16:08

HBC Website - Bozo's!

Has anyone seen the home page of Hyndburn Councils' website? Just to make it easy, here it is:-

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/

Now, when it comes to Church,They descibe a church as being on the site since the 16th century.....well, that's just about 900 years out. If they can't get a simple historical fact right, then how can they add up their accounts? I despair...I really do.

I'm giving a goldfish for every other cock-up spotted on their website.

Doug 27-09-2004 16:15

Re: HBC Website - Bozo's!

I hope you've got a bloody big tank then Tea, because theirs likely to be a lot of fish to give a way. Well spotted though, you don’t fancy running for Council then by chance? I’m sure we could sponsor a couple of candidates if we put our heads together.

lettie 27-09-2004 16:24

Hehehe. Just clicked on the Tourism in Hyndburn bit (in the Leisure section on the homepage) and it came up with the message "You don't have access to this information through this server" it had a padlock next to it. Would that be because tourism in Hyndburn is non existent?
I did notice that on one of the other sections I looked at, there was a sign for you to click and add your comments. Hmmmm, Accy Webbers could have some fun with this site.:D

Do I get a fish? :)

Acrylic-bob 27-09-2004 16:26

>>If they can't get a simple historical fact right, then how can they add up their accounts?<<

Fact of the matter is that they can't add up their accounts. Last year they were in deficit and they will be this year too. But, according to Britcliffe, HBC is the envy of other councils? How he works that out is beyond me!

Tealeaf 27-09-2004 16:30

I'll bring the fish with me this weekend.....I've just clicked under the leisure section for the Viaduct Cinema. The good news is that there is a full and comprehensive listing of the weeks attractions. The bad news is that it's for the week of 14th-20th May 2004.

staggeringman 27-09-2004 16:47

sorry tealeaf couldnt open the page...after looking at that on the front. the areas of hyndburn....great harwood where hares are found..they suggesting all us baldies to go
oswaldtwistle fork of land where two rivers meet....not that oswald was the king of northumberland and it means oswalds boundery....rishton where rushes grow....is that now to become a area of scientific interest... is this site on to show we are here and nnot what we have to offer to tourists with the history we have about us.

Tealeaf 27-09-2004 16:55

It would'nt surprise me if somewhere along the line they have Oswald as a 16th Century King (just before Cromwell).....

pendy 27-09-2004 17:03

Ah, but do they know the difference between Oliver Cromwell and Henry VIII's Cromwell - back to the dissolution of the monasteries, then.

Could it possibly be that history has mixed up Henry's Cromwell with Oliver? - that would make more sense.

Uncle Mick 27-09-2004 20:37

If you click on the link for recycling, you`ll find the scheme starts on 17/3/03 and you can visit a series of exciting (EXCITING!!) roadshows. More importantly it clearly states that normal bin collections will be made WEEKLY Now wheres that complaint form! By the way the link on cycling is dead and should go to www.sustrans.org.uk

WillowTheWhisp 27-09-2004 20:45

Sounds about right for a HBC website then doesn't it?

WillowTheWhisp 27-09-2004 21:04

Here's a classic

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/Your_Co...active_Map.htm

Spot the obvious error - not a million miles from the Town Hall

Acrylic-bob 27-09-2004 21:18

It's brill innit. Fine if you want to know what council owned buildings are but pretty useless for anything else. You can't read the street names and its about three years out of date. Interractive my a*se!

WillowTheWhisp 27-09-2004 21:20

I thought the best bit was the image of the old outdoor market, but when you click on it you get a plan of the current market pavilions! How to confuse a potential visitor?

Darby 28-09-2004 05:25

The poor people of Accy!!! HBC.....a bunch of ideaologist nutters...how can you put up with such mindless idiots?

Interactive map....It's got to be a stylised Treasure Island map...................Now where's the Balck Spot!!...give it to Peter Bri........

Ha haar....Blind Phew.................

mez 28-09-2004 07:12

wow just spent some time reading the l.c.c. parking plans wot an eye opener, have been on land registry site & as i said the parking aspect, of witch ive been locked in battle with h. b. c. now for some 3 yrs so ive got some points to make this morning when i ring them yet again concerning the parking area at the rear of my property. im hoping to prove me right, will i succeed, one never knows with h.b.c. like hitting your head on a brick wall /