Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Church (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f123/)
-   -   Texaco Garage Church (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f123/texaco-garage-church-58428.html)

Bee 03-07-2011 08:28

Texaco Garage Church

We have a fighter:rolleyes::D;):);
Accrington petrol pump attendant fights off robber with bottle of Rose (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Gordon Booth 03-07-2011 17:55

Re: Texaco Garage Church

£2.99 rose? Wouldn't you run if someone held one of those towards you?

DaveinGermany 03-07-2011 18:04

Think I'd do a runner too, can't be doing with Wine ! :D

cashman 03-07-2011 22:19

can understand the owd guys reaction, well done the silly owd sod.:eek:

jaysay 04-07-2011 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 916409)
£2.99 rose? Wouldn't you run if someone held one of those towards you?

My thoughts entirely Gordon:D

Bee 08-07-2011 14:50

In the Accy Ob;
Brave Derek fights off knife thug ... with wine | Accrington Observer - menmedia.co.uk

Bee 23-08-2011 19:23

The Texaco Garage Church has the Texaco sign taken off, and the Texaco sign has covered a lot of old, rusty signs.

Rob249 23-08-2011 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bee (Post 928548)
The Texaco Garage Church has the Texaco sign taken off, and the Texaco sign has covered a lot of old, rusty signs.

god you must have a very sad life

Bee 24-08-2011 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob249 (Post 928563)
god you must have a very sad life

Well Rob I passed it 2 days ago and noticed the Texaco Sign taken off :p :p :tongueout :tongueout.

katex 24-08-2011 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bee (Post 928603)
Well Rob I passed it 2 days ago and noticed the Texaco Sign taken off :p :p :tongueout :tongueout.

It is strange, Bee, the price sign not lit up either and signage being taken down. Maybe they are changing to another petrol company or summat ?

Why don't you just go in there for a packet of wine gums or summat and ask the counter assistant.

Last time I was there, the gentleman who offers to serve your petrol, did say something during conversation like "If I am still here then". Thought was a strange remark, but obviously sounded that he could be shortly losing his job .. maybe ???

Gremlin 24-08-2011 19:02

I went there for petrol last night but there was a long queue, the only side of the pumps open was the side nearest the shop. There was a lot of scaffold up and as I didn't want to wait I turned round and went elsewhere.
What is happening I never found out.
No doubt Bee will have a look and report back.

Bee 24-08-2011 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 928695)
It is strange, Bee, the price sign not lit up either and signage being taken down. Maybe they are changing to another petrol company or summat ?

Why don't you just go in there for a packet of wine gums or summat and ask the counter assistant.

Last time I was there, the gentleman who offers to serve your petrol, did say something during conversation like "If I am still here then". Thought was a strange remark, but obviously sounded that he could be shortly losing his job .. maybe ???

I remember it being a Total Garage.

katex 24-08-2011 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bee (Post 928699)

Was it ? Can't remember. To be honest,Bee, not really bothered which oil company it is .. just get my fuel at the most convenient station, particularly when you are travelling as can't run the risk of running out.

Gremlin 24-08-2011 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bee (Post 928699)

and I remember Coxy, who owns it, buying me a pint in the Royal Oak on Meadow street.
I had a good session with Tommy Lowe and Mick.

Petrol was never mentioned so I don't know what breed it was.

jaysay 25-08-2011 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 928696)
I went there for petrol last night but there was a long queue, the only side of the pumps open was the side nearest the shop. There was a lot of scaffold up and as I didn't want to wait I turned round and went elsewhere.
What is happening I never found out.
No doubt Bee will have a look and report back.

Was there yesterday lunchtime Gremlin and it was the same then, we turned round and went to one near the archway roundabout in town