Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Church
Donate! Join Today

Church A place for the people who want to talk about the area of Church.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2008, 00:04   #1
Junior Member+

Anyone remember the Booths(1966)

Do any of you oldtimers remember my mum and dad,Merv and Rose Booth?Mum worked at Rothwells,We moved to Canada in 1966,I'm just trying to remember what my childhood was like,Besides river stink and Clitheroe castle I don't have much recolection of my earlier years,thanks.
Mike
bootsmckiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-04-2008, 20:16   #2

Re: Anyone remember the Booths(1966)

Don't remember any of your family, i would have been five then. But there was a shop on the cornor of Barnes Street called Booths, any relation?

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 17:13   #3
Junior Member+

Re: Anyone remember the Booths(1966)

Thanks for your reply Sara,No,the Booth side of my family was from around the Clitheroe area,my mothers family(nee)Griffith was from around the Accrington/Church area,they were named Laycock and Marshall.I remember the Marshalls lived on Dill Hall lane and the Laycocks lived at #4 York st.If that's the street with the clock on it.How I remember these names I haven't a clue,guess they just stuck with me.I do remember the store across the street from us was called Albert Reeds,they used to give me treacle toffee and I busted they're big window once,either by accident or they were out of treacle,can't remember,I'm pretty sure that street was called Victoria street,and my next door neighbors were a lovely old couple called Mr and Mrs Rawlison (not sure of the spelling)But I remember they were the nicest people of my day.Thanks again for responding,like I said earlier,I'm just trying to piece together my childhood,cheers.
Mike(Michael)Booth
bootsmckiber is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..