Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Church
Donate! Join Today

Church A place for the people who want to talk about the area of Church.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2005, 01:44   #1

Church

Hi
my wife and i were married at church kirk church 61years ago last august 14th, we went back there for our 50th to the sunday service which happened to be 14th august , my wife lived on elmfield street and i lived in buxton st and we both worked at howard & bullough she at stevenson st and i worked at the globe works
Trevis2
Trevis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2005, 02:02   #2
Member.

Re: Church

Hi Trevis, Do you remember a chap called Billy Bertwhisle. Quite chap, married a lass called Irene.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2005, 02:07   #3
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Hi Trevis, Do you remember a chap called Billy Bertwhisle. Quite chap, married a lass called Irene.
He should have found a lass called Bessie.

Billie and Bessie Birtwistle sounds much better.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:06   #4

i am sorry i cant remember Billy Bertwistle I can remember a lot of the people i worked with at H&B between 1940-1946 then i was called up
Old 06-01-2006, 03:06   #5

Never a dull moment
Old 06-01-2006, 15:50   #6
Resting in peace

I wonder if you knew my cousin, Margaret Pendergast? She worked in the office at Howard & Bullough and later married a man she met there, but well after 1946.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 17:25   #7

I knew a Margaret Pendergast who lived at Clayton le Moors and went to St Marys School. Wonder if it's the same Margaret? :engsmil: Come on England :engsmil:
thindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2006, 16:43   #8
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by thindle
I knew a Margaret Pendergast who lived at Clayton le Moors and went to St Marys School. Wonder if it's the same Margaret? :engsmil: Come on England :engsmil:
No, it's not the same Margaret - but it is my OTHER cousin Margaret! She has a brother, Michael. She now lives at Baxenden, he is in Rishton.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..