Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Church
Donate! Join Today

Church A place for the people who want to talk about the area of Church.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2004, 23:56   #1
Senior Member+

Church Kirk

Just a photo of the church, to show what a fine building it is. Photo taken Oct 2004.

There are Three different styles of building visible on the exterior of the church: the medieval tower, the 18th century nave, and the 19th century chancel (text thanks to A-Bob)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ChurchKirkoct2004.jpg (85.4 KB, 84 views)
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-10-2004, 00:20   #2
Member.

Re: Church Kirk

Thanks Atarah many happy memories and a few sad ones. I was born within a stones throw of the church at No 89 Church St, and spent many hours using the church yard as our play ground, a safe place in them day’s. Are so many of us thought? Here are a couple of shot of the Kirk from the other side.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2004, 05:18   #3
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Church Kirk

I lived round the corner on Princess St. I'm pretty sure that I was Christned at that church, but I was a bit young to remember. I also have memories of playing in the church grounds.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..