Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Church
Donate! Join Today

Church A place for the people who want to talk about the area of Church.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2011, 15:30   #151

Re: gypsys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
But not all, we've all got our black sheep haven't we ?

BBC News - Roma rights campaigner jailed for £2.9m benefits scam

ps she actually a romanian gypsy (pretty too may i add) not your average irish/romany traveller born over here xx

- Look in the mirror before you start to judge others -
Lancashire Lassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2011, 15:39   #152
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancashire Lassie View Post
ps she actually a romanian gypsy (pretty too may i add)
No you may not cos I don't think she is pretty
Old 13-01-2011, 15:57   #153
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Well they dont tend to use banks (unless their businesses are huge) as they dont really trust them plus as some have stated before some dont pay taxes. but what they dont pay in taxes probably covers the publics services they dont bother to use so not much impact or affect on us.
Sadly the vast majority of people in this country can't pick and choose if they are going to pay tax, or not.

There is a legal, and moral right, that we all pay taxes, which help fund the running costs of our country's society.

Whether or not someone has children, and takes advantage of the education system for example, doesn't give people the option of opting out of paying tax, because they aren't getting every possible benefit and/or service back.

Tax avoidance is against the law, and should always result in the law being used against those who seek to avoid paying it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 17:51   #154
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Majority of them from working hard and spending little. its a lot cheaper to live in a trailer than a house
Especially when you don't pay tax or national insurance
Old 13-01-2011, 18:05   #155
JCB

I'd love to be a banker .

Then I could pay loads of tax , and then get benefits galore from our generous governments when we bankers mess things up .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 18:17   #156
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
I'd love to be a banker .

Then I could pay loads of tax , and then get benefits galore from our generous governments when we bankers mess things up .
Its a toss up gypsy or banker JCB
Old 13-01-2011, 18:29   #157
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its a toss up gypsy or banker JCB
I'll opt for travelling banker .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 18:31   #158
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
I'll opt for travelling banker .
Ain't that where they start of anyway
Old 26-08-2013, 04:50   #159
Senior Member+

dont make the mistake of classifying all 'travellers' as the same

the roman gypsys which will be free to come to the UK rom Jan 1st 2014 have a culture of crime.
As someone who spends time in London, the illegal criminal gangs working around the city are already causing mayhem.
I don't just mean the typical begging, shoplifting and street crime stuff.

Irish gypsys in my experience are hit and miss, some ok, some bad.
Roman gyspys are despised by the Irish gypsys, and cause nothing but trouble.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2013, 07:31   #160
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

the roman gypsys which will be free to come to the UK rom Jan 1st 2014 have a culture of crime.
As someone who spends time in London, the illegal criminal gangs working around the city are already causing mayhem.

Some irish travellers are ok thats a fact i'm well aware of, Problem lies the majority imho are not,so therefore all get a bad press, its called Human Nature.
Old 26-08-2013, 07:54   #161
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Some irish travellers are ok thats a fact i'm well aware of, Problem lies the majority imho are not,so therefore all get a bad press, its called Human Nature.
When I was at school we had a lad called gypsy Joe who lived on the Green in Ossy, now Joe was a likeable rouge always in mischief. I lost touch after school, then out of the blue about 6 years ago I get a phone call out of the blue, from Joe, he came round to see me, hadn't changed a bit, could still recognise him after all that time, the big difference was in the guy himself. A few years earlier he was very seriously ill in hospital and he just said he'd found God, he's now a lay preacher.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2013, 15:43   #162
Full Member+

Thumbs down Re: gypsys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

They are also rife on the Paris Metro. My son's girlfriend caught one with his hand on my son's wallet on a crowded train. The Romanian gypsy soon disappeared in to the crowd. They're despised wherever they end up because of their 'profession'.
Old 26-08-2013, 16:01   #163
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
They are also rife on the Paris Metro. My son's girlfriend caught one with his hand on my son's wallet on a crowded train. The Romanian gypsy soon disappeared in to the crowd. They're despised wherever they end up because of their 'profession'.
One of those thieving swine nicked me wallet on a crowded train from Malaga airport a few years ago, cost me a grand.
Old 26-08-2013, 17:01   #164
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
One of those thieving swine nicked me wallet on a crowded train from Malaga airport a few years ago, cost me a grand.
That's why they're rejected by society. Pariahs wherever they go. The flood gates are going to be opened soon to thousands more, why can't we be more like Australia in vetting who comes here? Surely it must be cheaper in the long run making sure the people who come here have something to offer rather than committing crimes that haemorrhage money from the tax payers. This country is turning in to the dustbin of the world.
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 26-08-2013, 17:03   #165
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
That's why they're rejected by society. Pariahs wherever they go. The flood gates are going to be opened soon to thousands more, why can't we be more like Australia in vetting who comes here? Surely it must be cheaper in the long run making sure the people who come here have something to offer rather than committing crimes that haemorrhage money from the tax payers. This country is turning in to the dustbin of the world.
While we are still in the EU there is little we can do about it, another good reason to come out.
DAV007, Gremlin and westendlass like this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..