Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Church
Donate! Join Today

Church A place for the people who want to talk about the area of Church.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2007, 14:50   #106
Resident Waffler

Re: gypsys

You mean there are people who can intimidate gypsies?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2007, 15:00   #107
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
You mean there are people who can intimidate gypsies?
Oh yes -if you are 'right with them' they will mete out justice for you.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 10:58   #108
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshiner View Post
they packed up and left last night ,but befor going theyset fire to aload oh rubbish and one women had adump in the grate at the side of the road in full view oh every body (charmin lady) lets see how long they aregone this time
What a shame Moonshiner could not take a piccy of this incident...maybe even a piccy using a zoom lens. I am quite sure he could have passed it on to the Observer; just think what tomorrow's front page would have looked like.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 21:12   #109
Senior Member+

Sad that Tea; as it is we have to put with photo of an unfortunate young lady who fell off a rope swing and broke both her wrists as well as other injuries.
As my name is on public display on here I will leave the rest of you to air your views on the sensibilties of that one.
BTW the lady in question is 15 years of age.
Old 21-09-2007, 20:40   #110
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Sad that Tea; as it is we have to put with photo of an unfortunate young lady who fell off a rope swing and broke both her wrists as well as other injuries.
As my name is on public display on here I will leave the rest of you to air your views on the sensibilties of that one.
BTW the lady in question is 15 years of age.
Very silly to say the least. There was also a 15 year old last year who got trapped in a tube type thing in the play equipment which was meant for small children in Rhyddings park. The firemen had to cut her out. They've no sense some of them.
Old 22-10-2007, 21:01   #111
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
They are still on Eagle Street, don't know how they live as they do.
Well we've gone from one caravan to five today, hurry up and build on that land
Old 22-10-2007, 23:16   #112

they dont seem to care all they do is leave a mess and cause trouble were its not wanted.
Old 23-07-2009, 08:49   #113

If you complain about the tinkers down here you are classed as racist. We are being had like the Palestinians with the Israel's, we should take to arms and defend ourselves anyone up for sending some rockets over, damn its the UK and not allowed, instead we sit idly by whilst our local councils armed with uman rite bollocks and racist pampflets tell us they have rights, the fact in many cases is they are on someones land but lately they have become more streetwise and are secretly buying land, its never going to change from what i can see, they are Migrating here on a grand scale even though the EU have given Ireland a load of money to sweaten them up intime for the next Vote on the Eu, if they join it will widen their choice of countrys to go too, i am sure there cant be any driveways left to do but they are never going to fit in without a change in the situation. Their kids need to be educated at least to start to break the cycle but what then i havent worked out yet.
spex357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 12:33   #114
God Member

I've just noticed an article in the LT about an outfit by the name of 4NW. This organisation - which I admit I have never heard of until now - is a government quango which has some form of strategic planning powers over the North West. It's latest idea is all about our Gypo friends and their 'need' for sites. Here's the link to their publication:

http://www.northwestplanpartialrevie...l%20Review.pdf

Once you get past the front cover - I suggest you take a good look at the piccy of the car park and count the number of Gypsy caravans parked there - you have a look at some of the stats inside, in particular those relating to the number of actual and planned sites. It appears that HBC already has 28% of all such sites in the county - some LA's in West Lancs, Burnley and Pendle have none whatsoever. It now appears that this mob at 4NW - its supposidly a democratic organistion - want us to have more. I wonder what the attitude of our local councillors will be?
Old 21-10-2009, 11:20   #115

A few vans turned up on victoria st /rose st car park last nite , a feel sorry for them that have to live near them
ian
ian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009, 13:33   #116
God Member

Haha we had them here behind our local asda a few weeks back and so they got moved on and the council put the big round condrete boulder things there to stop them .
A few days later they were back and they had managed to move the boulders rofl!!!

Seems theres no stoppin em !!!
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:43   #117
Senior Member+

even the travelers don't want to stay in church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
not in church anymore, that was quick!!! lol
Old 17-09-2010, 11:45   #118
God Member

It seems they're back. This time, they've set up camp at the rear of the old Tanpits club (the part facing Bradshaw St and the Sports Centre). I don't know who owns that land - the council or whoever now owns the club - but if it's the latter then they could be there for a while. The rumour was that the club was sold 6 months ago to some shady scouse character with colse connections to the 'Travelling Community'.
Old 17-09-2010, 17:29   #119
Resting in Peace

Re: gypsies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
It seems they're back. This time, they've set up camp at the rear of the old Tanpits club (the part facing Bradshaw St and the Sports Centre). I don't know who owns that land - the council or whoever now owns the club - but if it's the latter then they could be there for a while. The rumour was that the club was sold 6 months ago to some shady scouse character with colse connections to the 'Travelling Community'.
Looks like the Diddycoys are here to stay Tealeaf, it could be worse they could be in Ossy
Old 14-11-2010, 07:02   #120
Give, give, give member

Good news for anyone wanting to build on protected green belt land.

Good news for anyone wanting to build without having any planning permission.

Accrington travellers' site allowed to stay open for three more years (From This Is Lancashire)

Oh hang on.

It's only good news if you're a 'traveller'.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..