Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Church
Donate! Join Today

Church A place for the people who want to talk about the area of Church.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2010, 07:07   #121
Give, give, give member

Re: gypsys

This sounds like a load of balderdash.

If you construct permanent structures on a site, such as 'two large utility blocks', how can you be classed as being a traveller?

You aren't going to get very far if you attach them to the towbar of your 4 x 4.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-11-2010, 09:08   #122
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
This sounds like a load of balderdash.

If you construct permanent structures on a site, such as 'two large utility blocks', how can you be classed as being a traveller?

You aren't going to get very far if you attach them to the towbar of your 4 x 4.
You never know with them pikes G
Old 09-12-2010, 15:26   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You never know with them pikes G

I dont think its nice to judge others....

Majority of travellers are lovely, theres good and bad in everyone...

Cant believe how people judge others... No one every ones constantly complaining about this town!!

- Look in the mirror before you start to judge others -
Lancashire Lassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 17:53   #124
Resting in Peace

Re: gypsies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancashire Lassie View Post
I dont think its nice to judge others....

Majority of travellers are lovely, there's good and bad in everyone...

Cant believe how people judge others... No one every ones constantly complaining about this town!!
When you've lived as long as I have think your opinion may just change a tad, especially if somebody has run of with the lead of your roof a couple of times and then moved on leaving a complete tip behind them to be cleaned up at the council tax payers expense, laddy or lassy whichever you are today

Last edited by Mick; 20-12-2010 at 07:11. Reason: language
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 17:59   #125
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
When you've lived as long as I have think your opinion may just change a tad, especially if somebody has run of with the lead of your roof a couple of times and then moved on leaving a complete tip behind them to be cleaned up at the council tax payers expense, laddy or lassy whichever you are today
I'd blame it on the last labour government if I was you, during the Tory rule I had to sell the lead off my own roof!

Last edited by Mick; 20-12-2010 at 07:11. Reason: edit bad language out of quote
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 18:12   #126
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I'd blame it on the last labour government if I was you, during the Tory rule I had to sell the lead off my own roof!
Less thats my standard responce now and was it just before you moved into rented property that you sold the lead
Old 19-12-2010, 09:00   #127
God Member

Quote:
When you've lived as long as I have think your opinion may just change a tad, especially if somebody has run of with the lead of your roof a couple of times and then moved on leaving a complete S*** tip behind them to be cleaned up at the council tax payers expense, laddy or lassy whichever you are today
although a dispicable act at least they arnt as bad as cameron whos new plans on social housing will remove the enitre roof from over somones head ..

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 18:14   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
although a dispicable act at least they arnt as bad as cameron whos new plans on social housing will remove the enitre roof from over somones head ..
the tories coalition goverment have been in power what 8 months we had blair and brown for the last 13 years approx -. gypos aint got out to do with cameron
accy is labour through and through so perhaps the coalition will do something about these no respect brigade??? i hope so
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 13:56   #129

Quote:
well since my partner is a traveller I dont think I will change my mind actually.

hes never stole a thing in his life never had a criminal record and never even spoke to a police officer - and he works honest and hard every day and pays his taxes and everthing else as a normal person would.

before I met him I didnt think much of gypsys either but i didn't go around calling people I didnt even know!! but it goes to show you shouldnt tar people with the same brush...

plenty of scummy smack head thieves pedos and rapists in accy that are protestants or 'normal ' but we're not called those things so theres no need is there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

nobodys perfect so if people cant be nice they should keep there opinions to theirselves!!

Old 06-01-2011, 14:19   #130

and if it was my grandma no my opnion would not change it would towards the person that did it but not against the rest of the innocent people just because of their culture.

majority of travellers are innocent - just as the majority of our lot are - and the majority of asians and so on and so on.

there is a small part in every community culture that is bad, that doesnt mean you should disregard the rest not unless you are willing to disregard all of your own too.

and i doubt your going to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHFOY View Post
you are right people shouldnt judge people on opinion,... but i think we are discussing people who have their own click community and who dont give a damm about other communities like us, the facts and deeds are allready laid down as with regards these disrespectfull travellers( the ones who are now static in the town are diff-) the no fixed abode brigade are a disgrace to our society!!! they dont pay attention never mind taxes!! they prey on the vunerable and do evil deeds to them, now thats not an opinion that is a brutal fact, yes others do to, but if you worked very closely with the trading standards as i do, you would be heart broke to see sum of the evil things these b ------ have done... for your further knowledge they even leave symbols on walls or trees off the next potential victim, so their evil relations can go and clean out the life savings off our oaps, disabled, WAR VETERANS, MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE, i am shouting yes because i have seen it first hand.....
now let me ask you this, if they did that to your grandma would you still have the same opionion????? and finally we are all equal and deserve too reap the rewards of what we pay into the local councill(council tax) these roaming rats pay nothing !!! if they did then east accy would have one or two extra facilities to enjoy?? so untill these roamers start to obey law and order, and show respect to the great people off accrington, i say lets all rally as one and throw the lot out !!!

Old 06-01-2011, 16:37   #131
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

The problem is though, folk tend to remember their negative experiences rather vividly & should Gypsies be involved it's a forgone conclusion they'll all get associated. What a lot of people aren't aware of or choose not to differentiate is between the types of Gypsy, here in Germany we have Roma & Sinti & on occasion the Irish. The most readily accepted are the Sinti (and that grudgingly). I have had experiences both good & bad with the varying cultures within the framework of "Gypsies".
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 18:34   #132
JCB

Some travellers have moved into houses on the lower end of Exchange St . Accy .

I asked a friend who lives amongst them about them .

He said that the local yobs who used to congregate at the corner of Exchange St and Fairfield St had disappeared since their arrival . He has no problems with them , and is pleased that they seem to be a deterrent to anti-social behaviour .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 18:36   #133
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
Some travellers have moved into houses on the lower end of Exchange St . Accy .

I asked a friend who lives amongst them about them .

He said that the local yobs who used to congregate at the corner of Exchange St and Fairfield St had disappeared since their arrival . He has no problems with them , and is pleased that they seem to be a deterrent to anti-social behaviour .
They are no longer travellers JCB
Old 06-01-2011, 18:49   #134
Senior Member+

I am of the opinion, that treat others as you would like to be treated and for the most part people respond to that ethos in a positive way, but as with all communities there are always the bad apples. I have experience of gypsys and the ones i have dealt with have been honest and hardworking if that was within the tax and payments system we all use i dont know, but they paid their way in that they didnt get benefits etc.Their homes were immaculate and they kept the areas around their homes tidy.You can only take as you find as they say.
Old 06-01-2011, 19:21   #135
JCB

Quote:
They are no longer travellers JCB
Depends on how long they stay Jaysay
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..