Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Church
Donate! Join Today

Church A place for the people who want to talk about the area of Church.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2007, 18:10   #1

gypsys

now i have nothing against the travellers, but why do they have to leave such a mess, have you seen the state of where they are camping down church i cant beleive nothing is being done about the all the rubbish thrown all over. it looks such an eyesore, they are right beside the lights at church.
broadhurst7173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-07-2007, 16:29   #2

Re: gypsys

These people should be moved on, the sooner the better for everyone who lives in the area.
whistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 09:23   #3
Senior Member+

True, i go past that place when i come from work and trust me i dont feel safe, there is dogs everywhere and they look at u as if you were entering their property without permission.
That is not the worse, they live such a mess when they go is disgussting, i saw bin bags and dog food , its disgusting, anyone knows what to do about it, if anyone knows where to complain let me know cuz it will take me 2 sec to do it
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 09:25   #4
Give, give, give member

Did they leave any pegs?

I'm just about to do my washing.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 09:31   #5
Senior Member+

Anyone who knows who to complain to about the gypsis, let me know
Old 29-07-2007, 11:49   #6

They have to live some were we have some here in ossy one big family at mossco mill and one site at the heys in ossy they got the land at the side of what use,t to be the bakery and they have made the land nice there so real i cant say a lot.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 13:03   #7
Senior Member+

I dont care, they should respect other people that goes past that area, why dont they buy houses and pay council like we do!!! its easy to live in a caravan carefree frromt the world,i am not so bothered about them being there im bothered about the way that path looks like is disgusting, why cant they be more clean, they have children running about with no shoes going on top of their own dog ****
Old 30-07-2007, 17:58   #8

i agree its the mess they are creating, today when i passed black bin liners full of rubbish were left outside the commercial, it will be a rats picnic down there. i live in ossy too, and like i said i would have no objections if they didnt make such a mess. we arent talking about the ones that live permanenly here but the ones that turn up cause chaos then move on.
broadhurst7173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:50   #9

mess can be cleared up, its their little **** kids causing trouble and wrecking everything thats the problem.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 13:15   #10
Resting in Peace

Gosh, it does all look rather messy, doesn't it, just as I thought how much better the area was looking. !

Not so much the youngsters either, yesterday coming home from work around 6 children were playing on the grass verge on Blackburn Road between the lights at the junction with Market Street and Henry Street. I wanted to go in the left lane to get down Henry Street. They had four dogs off a leash which were running amock. One little dog ran in front of my car, couldn't just see if it was still there, so had to wait until it ran back up the grass verge.

I thought this was rather dangerous.

Think the place to complain may be this E-Mail address but not sure:-

[email protected]

I am sure they are probably aware of the situation anyway.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 13:23   #11
God Member

Yes it is a disgrace, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with just parking anywhere they want.
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 13:27   #12

well i live across from the snooker club at the lights before you get to church and all the gypsy kids come down there and bring their mess with them, they play on the grass where the old lodge used to be.
Old 04-08-2007, 13:34   #13
Senior Member+

to call these people gypsys
is being unfair to the true romany
im sure travelling yobs would be more apt

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 13:50   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechy View Post
to call these people gypsys
is being unfair to the true romany
im sure travelling yobs would be more apt
hey they get the hump beechy if ya call em that (gypsys) travellers they like to be known as.
Old 04-08-2007, 14:01   #15

nah i like to think of them as pikes but if anyone has seen snatch they'll understand

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..